Dual Pistols Animations Bug

Acroyear

Since the release of Issue 27, Page 2, the animations on Dual Pistols have not been activating 100% of the time. I have a Dual Pistols/Traps Corruptor, and at various times in an attack chain the animations for several pistol powers do not animate, but the powers do activate, which makes it look as if the character is shooting down at the floor. I'm not sure yet if all the animations are failing to activate, but it seems to happen mostly with Empty Clips and Bullet Rain, and I think Dual Wield. 

Regarding the dual pistols character attack animations not playing a large percentage of the time:

I've been testing and can now reliably trigger this problem. It appears to be related to weapons redraw and queued powers ("readied" powers, indicated by the red circle in the tray).

* Steps to trigger the error:

1. Start with pistols holstered (out of combat mode)

2. Activate a pistol power

3. Before #2 has completed, activate (queue) any other power.

* Expected result:

1. Weapons redrawn

2. First power activates and completes its animations.

3. Second power activates and completes its animations.

* Actual Result:

1. Weapons redraw animation plays like normal

2. The first power activates and completes its animations and all effects normally.

3. The second power activates but does not perform any attack animations.  Effects such as muzzle flashes and sounds occur, but no character motions.

* Additional Details:

-- All subsequent attack powers (queued or otherwise) play normallly until a weapons redraw occurs again, which restarts the sequence above.

-- To trigger the error, power 2 must be clicked to be queued before the first power has completed its full animation cycle.

-- I've reproduced this error with primary, secondary, pool, prestige (nemesis staff, blackwand, sands of mu), and incarnate attack powers in the queued power position (power 2) above. The failure of the attack animations on the queued power happens for all of these attack types.

* Other behaviors:

-- Sometimes power 2 (queued power) will go off before power 1 is fully finished with its full animation and fx cycle.

-- If the first power after a weapons redraw completely finishes its animations/fx cycle before another power is clicked, the second power and all subsequent powers play normally. Only a weapons redraw triggers this sequence.

-- Drawing nemesis staff or blackwand first does not seem to trigger the error.

-- If the second power is one of the terrorize attacks from the presence pool, neither the character attack animation, nor the power sound effect (the character yelling) will play.

I have tested this on blasters with archery, assault rifle, and dual pistols primary sets. The queued power animation failure after redraw occurs on all of these types, but is harder to see/trigger on archery and assault rifle because the powers' animations are very fast.  It is REALLY easy to trigger this repeatably and reliably and very obvious to see this behavior on characters with dual pistols as the primary power.

This behavior is new, and it started after the Issue 27, Page 2 update.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope this is helpful!

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, UberGuy said:

Are you by any chance using the No Redraw theme? I ask because there's another reported bug with that theme interacting badly with Ninja Run animation.

Hi there,

I am not using the No Redraw theme, so what I am experiencing is not caused by that.

• Thanks 1