CoH:Homecoming Player @Halfwitch Needs Your Help

Truepenny

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't do anything like this, and honestly, I don't even know if I'm breaking any rules. (I didn't find any rules against it, but might have missed something. Mods, if this is against the rules, I sincerely apologize and appreciate you pulling the thread.)

My wife and I started playing City of Heroes on the Virtue server in 2004 and, more on than off, played until the game shut down. In May or June of 2019, I joined the CoH: Homecoming Server, Everlasting, and a few months later my wife followed. We've been huge fans of not just the game, but the community behind the game, right since the start, and have made several friends who we know will last a lifetime. My problem is, I don't want "a lifetime" to come to so quick an end.

My wife, Nikki, is precancerous; her oncologist says there's a 40% chance she already has ovarian or cervical cancer or both. Next week, she's supposed to have surgery that should drastically reduce her chances of having cancer in the future, assuming she doesn't already have it. This week, however, her health took a serious decline. I won't go into details here, but there are some in the GoFundMe link below, for those who are interested. Needless to say, she's been approved for up to six weeks of FMLA, and while the doctor initially said she'd probably only need two off from work, it's looking more and more like she's going to be without an income for longer.

It's just not something we're financially ready to handle. Not now, anyway.

That's why I'm posting this GoFundMe link here. I'm hoping to find people who are willing to help, even in an uncertain time. I'm not here to beg, just to ask, and then to keep my mouth shut. If you want to know a little more (so very little, I know), click the link below and take a look.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to be ramble on.

Help Nikki with Surgery and Recovery

Nikki.jpg

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

I donated.  I have played CoH for free for almost a year now.  I figure I can give the money I would have spent on an MMO to a player who needs help.

Thank you, Doug, for your generosity and kindness.