Screen Resolution

notebene

I saw this post, but it doesn't look I can reply to it to ask more questions about it.

https://score.savecoh.com/index.php/topic,198.0.html

I realize it's an older game, but see some options for my screen resolution, which it will let me pick (though sadly not in a borderless, full screen window), but it still shows as square with black border.

Anyways, was wondering how (if) there is a way to make the game take up the entire real estate of my screen.  Not looking for anything overly pushy, just would like a 1920x1080 (border full screen windowed a bonus).  And, actually fill up the screen, not just a 4x3 square in the middle.

I tried running that 'score.exe' mentioned above, to change DPI settings.  When I run that, I get a splash screen, and then it just goes away.

Note:  Also tried looking around the regedit settings.  Don't see anything there about DPI, much less a place to change 'system' to 'application'.

Forum Issue:  Side comment, this message body box control just keeps going and going.  Looks okay in preview, but something is clearly off with it.

Regedit resolution parameters are stored in:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

screenX (es. 1920)

screenY (es. 1080)

Changing those parameters the game should start with the desired resolution.

Anyways, was wondering how (if) there is a way to make the game take up the entire real estate of my screen.  Not looking for anything overly pushy, just would like a 1920x1080 (border full screen windowed a bonus).  And, actually fill up the screen, not just a 4x3 square in the middle.
The splash screen, login screen and loading screens always display pillarboxed.

Character creation and actual gameplay will fill the screen normally if you've set the game to use same aspect ratio as your display.

I tried running that 'score.exe' mentioned above, to change DPI settings.  When I run that, I get a splash screen, and then it just goes away.

Note:  Also tried looking around the regedit settings.  Don't see anything there about DPI, much less a place to change 'system' to 'application'.

In-game settings (and the system registry location where they're stored) have nothing to do with DPI settings. To see those, right-click score.exe -> properties -> compatibility.

Regedit resolution parameters are stored in:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

screenX (es. 1920)

screenY (es. 1080)

Changing those parameters the game should start with the desired resolution.

So could you tell me exactly where I can go to find these parameters please. I'm asking because I went and tried to adjust the resolution using the game's settings and now somehow the game is too large and the part of the screen I need to be able to see in order to downgrade back to some lower settings is off on the right side of my screen out in no-man's land and I have no way to readjust other than mebbe trying what you mentioned above. Tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling Tequila and the settings stayed at this unusable size for my monitor

Check the notes section of my install guide see link in my siggy, U need to disable display scaling and maybe even turn off vsnyc.

you can use alt+enter to switch to windowed mode.

Thx for the reply ...while I was waiting for one here though, I managed to find the discord link and had been given the exact same answer you posted here @Silk about using Alt+Enter. I was able to get the resolution fixed and back down to an appropriate size for my monitor.

So could you tell me exactly where I can go to find these parameters please.

Start -> Search -> regedit.

I'm asking because I went and tried to adjust the resolution using the game's settings and now somehow the game is too large and the part of the screen I need to be able to see in order to downgrade back to some lower settings is off on the right side of my screen out in no-man's land and I have no way to readjust other than mebbe trying what you mentioned above. Tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling Tequila and the settings stayed at this unusable size for my monitor
Have you checked the DPI settings?