Frequent Crash-to-login or zoning failuers after May 30 patch

RagManX2

Once I turned off Advanced graphics, and set the game to recommended or quality, this issue went away

I then turned Adv graphics back on, and it came back

... and the issue went away again when I turned them off

Once I turned off Advanced graphics, and set the game to recommended or quality, this issue went away

I then turned Adv graphics back on, and it came back

... and the issue went away again when I turned them off

I'm still getting the issue here, even after turning off Advanced Graphics.  It even freezes sometimes when accessing the character select screen.  The game has become unplayable for me now, unfortunately.

I'd been having this issue as well. Messing with my graphics did not resolve things. On the discord, somebody suggested that it was the issue with the route from your ISP to the game servers, which is why rebooting your local router could resolve things temporarily - it might find a new path. They recommended trying a free VPN service, so that you'd be forced into a different route. I've been using ProtonVPN for a few days now, and it's made a world of difference.

• 2 weeks later

As noted in the sticky post on this topic at the head of this forum, I tried hooking up wired instead of wireless to play. My problems went away. So anyone still having issues that haven't seen that thread, please check it out - you may find an easy solution as I did.

Annoyingly, this worked for me also.

I say it's annoying because my spouse and I play from two computers in the same room – but their system has zero trouble while on wireless, and mine – ironically, one marketed to the gaming crowd – has to use a USB Ethernet adapter because on wireless I get at most two zones before it chokes as described above. But at least we can reliably play at the same time again!

Their system, works on wireless: Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with "Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260"

My system, needs Ethernet: Razer Blade Stealth 2016 with "Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535"