Character backstory and original time I used her.

Was getting some compliments on this character so decided to post some bits of the RPG character she's inspired by here: (three images sorry)

image.png.48e37d14503d13d7e81424ca03133d51.png

Oh, hey. I don't suppose I exactly match your idea of a vampire, do I?

Well, sure in some ways.

I do have that presence and appearance of aristocratic beauty going for me. Pale, skin, golden hair, full lips, the fancy nails that look like I spend a fortune at the manicurist.

You have no idea how hard I worked to break that image before and then this happens and I'm more fragile princess than I've ever been before.

I suppose you might also see the fangs and the red cast that hangs over my blue eyes. I bet you're also aware that any manicurist that took a file to these oh so pretty claws would find them scratching her file rather than the other way around.

See that guy, over there? He doesn't see those things. He sees the gorgeous fantasy princess body dressed in camo-pants and a tank-top. But to him, my eyes are deepest blue, my skin is alabaster, and my hair gold with none of the hanging shadows you probably see. He probably thinks I'm some daddy's girl playing paramilitary.

In any case, aristocratic beauty aside, vampires aren't supposed to go grocery shopping. Sorry to disappoint, but I still have to eat. Granted, my steaks are a lot more rare, and finding recipes for blood sausage or blood pudding is a thing, but yeah, I eat.

How did I get this way? Nobody bit me, if that's what you're thinking. My best thought is it has to do with an ancient tomb I fell into while I was in The War.

That was literal. The ground caved in and dumped me and a few others. We very literally fell into an undiscovered tomb.

(I'm trying to find the rest of the short-story, there was one or two thousand words, I think... but the file seems to be sadly lost, so all I have left is the snippet I put in her roll20 character sheet.)

image.thumb.png.a6df5c6f3ff05cc00e3ed5a39a9e2eaa.png

She was originally created for a Mutants and Masterminds game, but eventually I played her in City of Mist. Her Mythos was twofold. On the one hand she was a Rift of the Count of Monte Cristo and on the other a vampiric version of Lamashtu had sort of latched on to her and adjusted the shape of her mythos so that she was a vampire version of the count. At the time she was playing, she was still in the vagabond stage of the Count's story rather than the mysterious manipulator... though she did meet her Greek Princess in the form of a Rift of Medusa she started dating.

• Thumbs Up 2