Battle-Damage Keybind Suites

Thrythlind

Okay, so there's a couple videos showing the results of this but I sort of brought back the keybinding costume-change suites I used on my Strength/Will Brute Tender Bar back in live.

Okay here we go, at the time of the video where I discuss things, the format is as such:

Stage 1 - 13 keybind files, each file attaches keybind loading to all the power trigger buttons and attaches a costume change (hat knocked off, a bit more bloody) to a differing power at each file, though I believe Power Slot 4 is selected twice. When the costume changes it also moves to stage 2.

Stage 2 - 1 keybind file, does no file switching or costume changes with one exception: if the Blood Thirst power (Ctrl-1 slot) is used, it loads the bind file for the first stage 3 keybind file

Stage 3 - 13 keybind files, same as Stage 1 except shreds the jacket and applies more combat damage, then moves to Stage 4

Stage 4 - 1 keybind file, same as stage 2, also ends once Blood Thirst is used moving to Stage 5

Stage 5 - 13 keybind files, same as stage 1 and 3 except drops jacket entirely and moves to the major combat damage costume slot. Shifts to Stage 6

Stage 6 - 4 keybind files, chances of moving to lesser damage states (costumes 6 and 7) based on attacks, can move to one of two healed states (obviously vampiric / not so vampiric) based on heals (Dull Pain, Reconstruction, Instant Healing) and Blood Thirst

Stage 7 - 4 keybind files, Vampiric healed state, can move to Stage 6, 9, or 10 based on attacks, can shift to Stage 8 based on heals and Blood Thirst

Stage 8 - 4 keybind files, Non-Vampiric healed state, can move to Stage 6, 9, or 10 based on attacks. Can shift to Stage 7 based on heals and Blood Thirst

Stage 9 - 4 keybind files, Lesser damage state and bleeding, can shift to Stage 6 or 10 based on attacks, Can shift to stage 7 or 8 based on heals and Blood Thirst.

Stage 10 - 4 keybinds files, Lesser damage state, bruised body (zombie body), and gashed arms, can shift to Stage 6 or 9 based on attacks. Can shift to stage 7 or 8 based on heals and Blood Thirst.

After the discussion video, I added a Stage 0 that acts like Stages 2 and 4 that created a buffer that prevented costume changing until Blood Thirst is triggered once.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: The video for the explanation didn't get properly uploaded will fix. The action/music video below works fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a less talky demonstration here is a mission I ran later and set to music from Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Edited by Thrythlind

I bet you could make this dynamically able to jump back up a tier (to a lesser damage state) by setting up a bind in every file for powexecaltslot 1, 2 and 3 (where you have your healing abilities) that makes the bind loop jump back one or more stages. That way as you're activating Dull Pain etc. during normal gameplay your costume reflects that. Shame about the cooldown on CC though.

18 minutes ago, Avernal said:

I bet you could make this dynamically able to jump back up a tier (to a lesser damage state) by setting up a bind in every file for powexecaltslot 1, 2 and 3 (where you have your healing abilities) that makes the bind loop jump back one or more stages. That way as you're activating Dull Pain etc. during normal gameplay your costume reflects that. Shame about the cooldown on CC though.

It is set up to do this.

In each of the 4 keybind files for Stage Six (major injury) there are 3 possible triggers for going to one of the two lesser injury states and 4 triggers for switching to one of the two healed states.

In stages 9 and 10, 2 of the 4 stages have possible triggers to stage 6 (major injury) and all 4 have possible triggers to the alternate lesser injury state, and each of them have triggers to the 2 healed states (think it's all 4 possible powers like with stage 6: Reconstruction, Dull Pain, Instant Healing, Blood Thirst)

In stages 7 and 8 (the healed states) there are possible triggers to stage 6, 9, 10 and whichever is the alternate healed state.

As a note, this is adjusted from the explanation video where every file of stages 9 and 10 had a chance to provoke a change to the major injury state and where the 4 files of stage 6 each only had 1 trigger of each of the lesser injuries states (total of 2). I adjusted that so that major injury pops up a little less commonly. The action/music video shows the results of the adjusted probabilities.

The adjustment works out really well.

Sometimes a costume change is missed because it happens within the costume change cool-down, but that doesn't seem to be common. Either way, that's another bit of mechanic I had already considered and decided it naturally means that there's more time spent in any one state.

Edited by Thrythlind