Electrical Blast/ Martial Combat

Netfiend007

I'm looking into making a Blaster with the EB/MC sets. I can't find anything close in the forums (I do see a lot of hate for EB which is kinda scary), so I was hoping for any advice for the build. If I'm honest, I'm not to fond of the Blaster. I tend to like something that doesn't feel like its going to break when combat starts, but I have many friends that recommend them. So, Help? Thank you all in advance.

Well, it’s true that Elec isn’t great DPS but you can make it work. I would likely play this combo mostly in melee to leverage the Martial Combat attacks and Elecs PbAoe, Short Circuit. Tesla cage, voltaic sentinel, and throw sand are skippable, but you can take them for flavor if you like them. Dragons tail has a really small radius which usually convinces me to skip it, but you may find the knockdown useful. 

I would probably let someone grab aggro and then lead with ball lighting, immediately followed by burst of speed.  You should hit the mobs around the same time the ball of lighting does, which will create a good burst. Follow up with short circuit to drain mobs of endurance and then blap it out with the rest of the mobs. 

I can help you with a build later, but you’ll want to get as much s/l/e defense as possible and then ranged defense.  

I've had mass quantities of fun with my EB/MC, Polecat Plum Ink Man (see avatar), my first 50 here on HC and my 2nd level 50 blaster. I played him mostly solo to 50 and beyond, and recently teamed through most of the blueside TFs. I took all the MC powers but skipped Charged Bolts and Tesla Cage from EB. Took Hasten, Combat Jumping, Super Jump, Acrobatics, and Spring Attack. Went with Electrical Mastery for the ancillary, with Shocking Bolt, Charged Armor, and EM Pulse. Current Incarnate stuff: Alpha - Agility Core Paragon, Judgement - Ion Total Core Judgement, Interface - Reactive Core Flawless, Lore - Tsoo Total Core Improved Ally, Destiny - Barrier Total Core Invocation, Hybrid - Assault Radial Embodiment.

Standard operating procedure was to use Burst of Speed to BURST (hee) into the middle of an unsuspecting group, then unleash every AOE/PBAOE in his arsenal. I mostly played at standard difficulty, with variable team size depending on what he was fighting. He really didn't feel particularly squishy, but of course he did experience the agony of defeat more than a few times along the way.

I'm not much of a builder, probably did lots of stuff inefficiently or just plain wrong, but my only goal was the western shore, I mean, to have fun, and in that I succeeded. So I say, go for it!

Oh, and one more thing -- Ki Push is hilarious! Especially if you follow up with a nice Zapp!