Help with lighting?

Aquatica

I'm trying to create an unseen lightsource. I've successfully hidden them in pillars, but is there anything that could create a lightsource that I could hide under a high floor? Everything I've tried so far stops making light once it's under the floor.

Back in the day, I would put Shogi Lamps (floor and wall types) into objects.  I'd put Shogi Lamps inside of Planters with trees.  I'd put them inside the centers of Globes.  I'd put them inside of circular seating made out of Gray Curved Ottomans wrapped in a circle.  I'd put them inside of Longbow Chasers so as to light up the area around them while keeping the Chaser's exterior "dark" making for a really good/nice contrast of being able to see them without overbrightening them.

Sometimes, if I wanted to create a column of (visibly exposed) Shoji Wall Lamps, I'd use mostly "off" lamps with only a few "on" lamps to get the right brightness density that I wanted.  The fun thing is that when you put an "off" one right next to an "on" one, they both Look Like they "on" and they only way to tell that they're not is from the density of the light bloom around them.

Also, don't neglect the option of "shielding" lights by putting them behind other objects.  I liked to create curved sections of Shelves with books on them for this purpose, creating a "bulge" in a wall that I could put a Shoji Floor Lamp behind so as to light up the bookshelves "from behind/inside" a create a lot of indirect/ambient lighting that way.

You just need to get creative.

Oh and I was doing that before you could put stuff outside the boundary boxes of the rooms themselves ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.