Can't complete character creation

DasWulfman

while trying to create a new character everything works fine until loading into the world it fluctuates between stalling out on loading in (after clicking yes for tutorial and then yes to play). or it kicks me back to the log in screen and says disconnected from DB server. my other characters that i have already played have no trouble getting into the game. Any one else having similar issues or possibly know of a fix?

How long are you spending in character creation?  I know it does that to me sometimes if I take too long.  Or if the server has any hiccups and has to be restarted while you are creating you'll get that problem.  Save the costume and Power customization and everything, then back out to login, and create the character quickly from save files to avoid that if it's an issue.

Also try a different starting point and see if that helps.  It may just be too crowded.

it first happened after about 10-15 min but ive learned from past mistakes and saved the costume and powers the next 6-7 attempts were all about a min in character creation, no forced restarts or anything and the server population went from 3 pips to 2 during the several attempts i made, about half the time, after i had to close the game with task manager i would restart and see the character i just made but without a star or spider (i started as a hero) and it said 7028 days since last log in, the other half of the time it was just an empty character slot.

it first happened after about 10-15 min but ive learned from past mistakes and saved the costume and powers the next 6-7 attempts were all about a min in character creation, no forced restarts or anything and the server population went from 3 pips to 2 during the several attempts i made, about half the time, after i had to close the game with task manager i would restart and see the character i just made but without a star or spider (i started as a hero) and it said 7028 days since last log in, the other half of the time it was just an empty character slot.

This used to happen on Bree when you lost server connection during the final step of character creation. I suggest trying when the server is under lighter load

People are having issues getting/staying connected all over since the last patch. Either the servers are just swamped or the techies are aware of the issue and working on it, in which case if they stop to talk to everyone with the issue it will just take longer to fix.  I'm a little disappointed in the lack of actual support in the forums, but I am going to give the GMs the benefit of the doubt for now.  Who knows?  They might not know what's causing the problems either.  They might just be the messengers.