Effects being applied to enemies on mission map load

Ston

I'm not sure how to set up an environment to replicate this issue so I can record it.. but maybe some of you have seen this happen?

Sometimes when I'm playing with a full team, I'll load into a mission and will see groups of enemies that aren't engaged yet having power effects applied to them. I believe this only happens with PBAoE auras and pseudopets.

A recent example I encountered was loading into a mission, stealthing to a glowie, and seeing the group of enemies at the end of the map being effected by our Plant Controller's Carrion Creepers (who was back at the beginning of the map). They were being entangled by the plants, but were just standing there. In the past, I've also seen this happen with Hot Feet and Entangling Aura.

This is a hard bug to explain or get evidence of, but hopefully someone else  has seen something similar and can explain it better. It's not really game breaking, but it does show there's an issue in the code somewhere.

• 2 weeks later
  • Retired Developer

If the enemies were not being actively affected by it (Insofar as I mean actually being rooted or damaged) then this may be a client-side issue. I've personally never seen this happen but I think it's possible the client might be making for some visual voodoo.  

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!