Build: Crabstermind OR "How to Mastermind better than a Mastermind"

SomeGuy

12 hours ago, Sagenius said:

Am I doing something wrong, or do these datachunks not work in mids anymore?

I just ran into the same issue. The solution is to copy the chunk to your clipboard then use "Legacy Import" under File.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, Nemu said:

I started a crab yesterday on a whim, I remember some discussions around the guassian proc doing well in tactics/leadership based on the number of teammates you have and if that applies to the pets, it might be a good place to stick it.

Thanks for the analysis on the soulbound build up proc, very insightful. I incorporated that into my build.

My experiences playing melee blasters has shown me that S/L and Ranged defense covers 99% of all attacks out there, the SOA have the benefit of upping their Psi def as well so I did that as well. Here's the end result:

Wonder what a proper Crab looks like now that S/L defense doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 11:58 PM, DarknessEternal said:

Wonder what a proper Crab looks like now that S/L defense doesn't work.

I dunno about "Proper", but I've found this one to be playable.

The Crab themselves is softcapped to Melee and Ranged; with >2200HP and a reasonable spread of resists (with Melee Core Embodiment running plus the 5% minimum from Barrier it'll hit the S/L Resistance hardcap). Self-healing is a downside... but between Lore pets, the Panacea Proc and a ~95s Serum recharge it makes do. Mag 7 KB Protection is usually enough; and there's always Base Empowerment stations if you know you're going to be fighting lots of Longbow or Nemesis.
Pets are getting +31% Defence to everything, so the PPP Widow is softcapped as-is (Foresight)... but the rest need Barrier or Support Incarnates running and/or for you to spam Dark Obliteration and Gloom.

Damagewise the Crab isn't going to break any records, especially without Aim (although they've a Gaussian Proc in Crab Tactics) but the pets are all getting the benefit of Double Assaults, Crab Tactics, the Soulbound Proc; Venom Grenade's -Res; plus all three -res procs (FoTG + Achilles' Heel in Frenzy @61% chance each, Annihilation in Venom Grenade @25% chance).

Admittedly it's still overshadowed by my Fortuna, but it's not bad for a Crabbermind.

Arachnos Crab Spider (Soul).mbd
Arachnos Crab Spider (Mace).mbd

[EDIT: Reworked the build slightly to reflect its most recent respec. The "Soul" version has better master damage via Gloom and Dark Obliteration + Aim with the Gaussian Proc. The "Mace" version has better pet damage via the additional -Resistance debuff from Shatter Armor and is a bit lighter on endurance usage, however it also trades Aim for Vengeance (in order to retain a similar recharge rate and softcapped Melee/Ranged defense despite the lack of -ToHit debuffs!). The "Soul" build is currently my main one!]

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1