Dark/Psi/Ice - Revamp suggestions

Outrider_01

So a bit of a concept toon, 4 power picks in Dark and too many in Psi.  Come to find out the damage is pretty piss on most things in game, but its fun.

• Dark Grasp is fitted for proc damage, its pretty nice locking down bosses and just ruining their day
  • Fearsome Stare locks down stuff, Living shadows lock them in place.
  • Heart of Darkness to stun, then Drain Psyche to boost health regen and can up to 100hp regen.  With Hoarfrost, can take a hit pretty well
  • Frozen Armor is just as good as Scorpion's Shield, Ice Mastery is a bit more investment in picks and slots.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Demoniaque 1: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- MlsFur-Acc/Dmg(A), NrnSht-Dam%(3), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), UnbCns-Dam%(5), GldNet-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(7), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntCmb-Knock%(11), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(13)
Level 4: Telekinetic Thrust -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Hct-Acc/Rchg(15), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Dam%(17), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(19)
Level 6: Living Shadows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(19), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(21), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(23)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(23), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), CldSns-%Dam(25), GlmoftheA-Dam%(27)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(29)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 14: Fly -- Srn-Fly(A), Srn-EndRdx/Fly(31)
Level 16: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(31), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Rgn-Knock%(33)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(36), DctWnd-Heal(36), DctWnd-Rchg(37), ThfofEss-Acc/Heal(37)
Level 22: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(34)
Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40), GldArm-3defTpProc(40)
Level 28: Subdue -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Apc-Dam%(50)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Heart of Darkness -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 35: Hibernate -- DctWnd-Heal(A)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal(46), DctWnd-Rchg(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- Krm-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 14: Afterburner 
------------

Was trying for something a bit more melee centric for fun, so more invested into Psi.  Prefer Psi Dart and Subdue, decent animations vs the crappy hold the hand up and lean back.  Took the two melee attack, had to slot Telekinetic thrust wit KD because its too high at mag 16.  Psychic Shockwave is the center of the set, with Domination it makes for a good control if the stun procs.  48% lethal smash, to change out from ranged blasting to melee but its harder to hit things as they are just out of melee range.

Its lacking compared to my Dark/Ice/Ice which is entirely ranged attack with 2 pets, the Dark/Psi is more endurance heavy than Dark/Ice.  perma domination/hasten and Hoarfrost on another key bind it plays clunky with several other powers on plain key binds as well, its kind of difficult to hit the right keys comfortably.  Considering binding some to the mouse, but that thing hates me and likes to change out DPI often when I don't touch it.

tl;dr - need to cut some things while maintaining 180% recharge and at least 45% s/l defense or 48 preferred flight isn't used.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

My problem with psi is that psi drain is so good you basically become reliant on it + perma dom

and are more worried about that than anything else. Kinda fun draining IMO (lol pun).

also: I was thoroughly confused for a second lol

Was trying for something a bit more melee centric for fun, so more invested into Psi.  Prefer Psi Dart and Subdue

11 hours ago, kiramon said:

My problem with psi is that psi drain is so good you basically become reliant on it + perma dom

Pretty much this.  4 clicks on this character, Dom, Hasten on key bind for movement.  Hoarfrost on right movement, so the 3 alternate.  Keyed to e is Drain Psyche, used about half the time.  Did ITF yesterday, worked pretty good with only 1 face plant. 

Still feel clumsy with 2 many powers, but it works if only I remember when to use in what situations.  Cone fear, immobilize, and Psi attack or PBAoE psi drain, attack, and stun.  Lots of movement shifting into the right position.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer