Force Field/Water/Leviathan Build

SableShrike

Threw this together recently to muck about on BrainStorm during the "harder content" testing.

It's sort of an updated twist on my Force/Sonic/Leviathan I did a while back.

Main focus of this is of course +recharge from sets.  You can autofire Ageless for the nice Debuff Resistance it gives, as well as use it to perma your Coralax summon.

I really like taking a patron pet on a "shield" set; there's pretty much no downside to it.  When solo it allows you to bring your full kit to bear, and the pet makes a nice damage addition that is actually pretty tough (when you Defense cap it to everything).

Set up like this with the Agility Incarnate, you're adding an average of 48% Defense against all positions to any friendly near you.  You yourself are softcapped to AoE and Ranged, and 1% away from Melee softcap.

Firing Support Radial will make any friendly near you 3% under Incarnate cap (56%) to all positions for its duration.  If they're running even Combat Jump or Hover they are then effectively Incarnate capped from your buffs.

I didn't lean into Leviathan's attacks this time, just the pet and armor.  I really was keen on playing Water to endgame, and by not building around Patron attacks I exemplar better.  Sharks are pretty damn sweet, though...

The heal on Dehydrate is great.  It works to the same effect here as playing an SR/Dark Tanker.  They only hit you 5% of the time, and your basic attack rotation is also healing you for more than that.

Bolt and Jet are fast enough that you can spike with Jet at 3 Tidal or easily build Tidal for a Burst.  Whirlpool is best on a team with control ATs, but you can also drop it to scare mobs off you.  I threw Ragnarok in it for the bonuses, but it does proc knockdown once in a while.

Never fire off Geyser without using Tidal Forces first.  There is never a reason to not buff it big with the Gaussian proc.  Every time.  With the proc and Forces, Geyser is just under 700 AoE damage.  Not bad for a Defender.

Maybe we'll get some nifty Force Field changes in this coming issue, but until then this's pretty strong sauce.

Cheers!

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Benthica: Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Force Field
Secondary Power Set: Water Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(7), RedFrt-Def:50(7), RedFrt-EndRdx:50(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(34)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg:50(45), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(46), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg:50(46), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%:50(46)
Level 2: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 4: Water Burst -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(23), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg:50(23), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(25), PstBls-Dam%:50(25), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx:50(27)
Level 6: Insulation Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), RedFrt-Def:50(11), RedFrt-EndRdx:50(17), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(43)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+:30(A)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(11), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(19), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(19), Rgn-Knock%:50(21)
Level 12: Dispersion Bubble -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), RedFrt-Def:50(13), RedFrt-EndRdx:50(15), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(17)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), RedFrt-Def:50(33), RedFrt-EndRdx:50(33), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(42)
Level 16: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%:50(A)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Dehydrate -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(27), Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(29), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(29), Apc-Dam%:50(31), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen:50(50)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(42), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(43), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45), Rct-ResDam%:50(50)
Level 26: Infiltration -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg:50(37), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb:50(42)
Level 30: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn:20(A)
Level 32: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(34)
Level 35: Shark Skin -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(37)
Level 38: Geyser -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(39), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg:50(39), PstBls-Dam%:50(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg:50(40)
Level 41: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 44: Summon Coralax -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(50)
Level 47: Grant Invisibility -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- Prv-Absorb%:50(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I:50(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(5), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(3), PrfShf-End%:50(3)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Cryonic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Storm Elemental Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

Edit:  Forgot the Zephyr KB, fixed now!

Edited by SableShrike

Overall and for the most part this build is solid and would be successful. I however would not slot as much end recovery and +end (some but not as much) in health and stamina to put more +tohit in tactics (or tidal forces) for more team +tohit. I also would swap PFF for Hibernate, only because you are mobile with PFF running. I do approve highly of grant invis for extra defense and for stealthing purposes on teams. Red Fortunes are way chaeaper than LotGambler and overall not a bad set. It's good to see you hit the LotG +recharge, although I am not sure if your core powers would need it. I would not skip repulsion bomb, it is very useful for an aoe Knock DOWN.

Some slotting to consider. You could get more +recharge with the Force feedback proc in your KB/KD abilities. You could get more -resistance in your -defense water attacks especially the AoEs. The -resistance applies to team/ally attacks on affected targets, not just your attacks.

Happy defendering!

Mucking about on Beta today and I was soloing +4/x8 just fine in Number 6’s arc.

I wanted some nasty debuffs to test in sub-optimal conditions.  Sticking only to Council isn’t really a good metric when facing the nastier mob groups.

Coralax turns out to be a few seconds off permanent, but that’s no big deal.

Only time I had issues was if a 54 Malignant Seedling boss managed to land a big debuff after a Guardian had dropped a Quartz.

Even the DE Guardians didn’t seem to matter much to my AoE and healing.

I wound up swapping Jet for Hydro Blast and taking Personal Force where Jet is.  I moved all Jet’s slots to Blast, as this gives you two builders at low-level for TFs or Ouro arcs. The random knockdown on Blast is nice, too.  The slightly longer activation on Blast isn’t enough to worry about.

Jet is good, but I never found a time in my singletarget rotation that a Combo 3 Dehydrate wouldn’t be more beneficial against a dangerous target.

Bolt > Blast > Bolt > Dehydrate, and you are almost unkillable.

For AoE I lead with a buffed Geyser > Whirlpool > Bolt > Blast > Burst.  This’ll wipe most Minions and Lts., but I also had Cryonic Core if needed.

Soloed a +4 Shadow Hunter without any problems at all; I was surprised.  He barely made my HP move.  Coralax and Lore Pets easily beat most AV regen with Degenerative Core.  I suppose soloing +4 Siege would be the real test.

Coralax is hitting for about 103 to 153  with every attack against +4s.  She often will take out a Lt. or finish off the last boss standing.  Definitely worth the effort to get her.

Yeah, I could have slotted some FF +rech, but I found I don’t need it.  I’d rather have the certain +rech from the above sets.  Slotting the way I did allows you to fight perpetually when solo in about as much safety as you can get.

As for more ToHit, you won’t need it.  I set Mids to show Incarnate ToHit values (base 39%), and I am still clearing 100% in every attack.  Water’s -Defense means that when it hits, your team does too.  I just muled Tactics for Perception here.

Edited by SableShrike