MassivelyOP Article on City of Heroes 2

Apparition

17 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

The poor may have more convictions but I am quite certain the rich commit more crimes than noted in stats simply because they get away with it.

Very fair point! I remember when I was in college, my first year. I'd opened a 2nd checking account, because cashing checks back in the mid 80's was a pain if you didn't have a bank, and I was going to school out of state. Long story short, I'd once paid for a pizza with the wrong account, subtracted the amount from the wrong account, and the account from back home bounced. (yeah, I'd only had $5 in it, needed 10!) I won't digress much about how my bank should have just covered it and then charged me a fee for the trouble. But, they NSF'd it, charged a fee. It got re-presented a 2nd time, another fee. A very simple, but obscenely careless & stupid mistake cost me quite a bit of change, over $100! Very expensive lesson. 

It took a measure of resolve, humility and assertiveness for my 18 year old self to go back home to that bank and explain the situation and get them to refund those fees. But I still owed for the pizza! No free lunch! Okay, enough digressing. (I could go on, lol. I still remember that as a tough lesson!) 

My father, the professor of economics was truly livid with me. More out of embarrassment, I think. Because it was stupid. Kind of like a cop's son getting in trouble for drugs or stealing. In any event, the old man bailed me out of that particular jam. (Did I mention that the pizza place sent their "Pay us" notice to my old address that was on the check, and not where I was living? Yeah, the District Attorney's check enforcement unit ended up charging a nice fee, too!) So, yeah, without the old man giving me a hundred bucks to get out that mess...I've no idea how that would have played out. Could've been a slap on the wrist with embarrassing community service, or it could have been 2 years in the fun house, making little rocks out of big rocks. 

No question in my mind that our D.A's have way too much latitude on what crimes they can prosecute, how they prosecute them (Jail, rehab, house arrest - all kinds of ways to get their pound of flesh if they want). But, this is probably too far off topic for a chat about the neighborhood differences between the two halves of Kallista Wharf. 

Just wanted to say there's more than one side to every story, and there's almost always a perspective I haven't thought about - so thanks for sharing those. 

All things aside, it's really consistent with how Recluse really doesn't seem to give a heck about optics. Look at the situation in Grandville! Those people aren't criminals, they're victims, and part of their victimhood is the slums that Recluse keeps them in.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.