Possible Boost to Debuff Procs - "But Why?"

Aurora_Girl

So, here I was, with barbecue sauce in my Mids, when a good dude ponderized the following:

"If I put Dark Watcher's Despair: Chance for Recharge Slow into Devices/Smoke Grenade, that's dumb, right?"

*looks at City of Data*

"Yup; the proc power is tagged to notify mobs always, even if the power it's slotted into is tagged to notify mobs never."

...what if?

Debuffs (and mezzes, by design) by and large *do* aggro/notify mobs, with the large exceptions of several -tohit powers (Smoke Grenade, Flash Arrow) and most sleeps. What if that were changed? It makes sense conceptually. Perhaps new IO sets specifically for non-aggro powers, adding procs for an additional/improved (or in the case of sleeps, added in the first place) debuff that won't alert their targets.  Or, alternatively, somehow changing the properties of currently slottable procs like DWD when slotted into non-aggro powers...seems like that one may be diving too deep into the spaghetti.

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I think this issue is larger than just debuff procs. There's a decently large number of procs that can't be slotted in powers that don't aggro, making it impossible to get the 6-piece bonus for those sets.

• Smoke, Smoke Grenade, Flash Arrow and Blinding Powder can't use the procs from the tohit debuff sets.
  • Sleep powers that don't aggro can't use the proc from Induced Coma, Overpowering Presence, Will of the Controller or Dominating Grasp sets. (Call of the Sandman, Fortunata Hypnosis and Ascendency of the Dominator procs are OK.) 
  • Confuse powers that don't aggro can't use the procs from Cacophony, Malaise's Illusions, Overpowering Presence, Will of the Controller or Dominating Grasp sets. (Coercive Persuasion and Ascendency of the Dominator procs are OK.)

I think the simplest answer would be to add a second, non-aggroing proc to the offending sets that was mutually exclusive with the other proc (i.e., you couldn't slot both procs).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

@Uun I think we should clarify...you *can* use those procs in those powers; they just cause aggro on an otherwise non-aggroing power. I do like your mutually exclusive proc idea, because I'm always down for more choice and flexibility. I was more focusing on the non-damaging proc affects either way. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter