'Map failed to start' on character completion

Kiryn

Hi guys! new to this game and forum :).

I've just spent like 45 mins creating my first character and when i go to finalize it after selecting my tutorial  - i get an error stating 'Map failed to start. The server is busy, please try again later.'

I reeeaalllyyy dont want to have to start my creation over again :(. Any tips?

Thanks

Ouch.   I always try to remember to save my costume and power customization during creation in case something like that happens.

I do find that if for some reason it gets aborted, my choices are still there waiting for me to complete, so you might not have to redo stuff.

I know this comes a bit late, @Kiryn, so I hope that things worked out for you, but ...

Based on the time you posted, it sounds like you managed to log in to the servers and started making your character around 8:30am eastern.  The servers are shut down weekly for maintenance on Tuesdays at 9am eastern (with rare exception).  This would explain why you couldn't log in after making your character.

But as @lemming says, it's a great habit to get in to save your character's Costume file and Power customization file each time.  On top of that, as lemming said, as long as you don't shut down your client and just proceed when the servers are back up, your character should be saved in a buffer.  If you shut down the client program, though, and didn't save any costume/power files, then regrettably you would need to start over from scratch.

Let us know how it went, and what you ended up naming your first character.  I'll try to pass you something through in-game email to soften the blow if you lost your first creation.

• Like 1