Shortage of contacts/introductions in Steel Canyon/Skyway City

RikOz

After completing the main storylines in Atlas Park and Kings Row, I headed off to Steel Canyon where I did the University invention program stuff and finished up the last bits of the Shining Stars story arc.

Somebody, perhaps Detective Martins, sent me to speak with Montague Castanella and I did the Midnighter's storyline regarding The Lost.

Then ... nothing. Martins and Castanella were the only contacts I had in Steel Canyon, and I had none in Skyway, and nobody had introduced me to new contacts in either of those zones. I cycled through radio missions and safeguards, twice, and Martins had no new contacts to introduce me to. There I was at level 18, with nobody pointing me to the next mission.

In desperation, I finally went back to City Hall in Atlas Park and talked to the "origin" contacts at G.I.F.T., M.A.G.I., etc., and they introduced me to new contacts in those zones, so that I could get moving again.

But I can't figure out if I missed something somewhere along the way that caused me to completely run out of contacts. I'd like to avoid this situation on up-and-coming alts. I don't recall running into this situation back before the shutdown, so I'm sure I inadvertently missed talking to somebody.

You have two solutions. In Sky or Steel. Open up contacts and click the find a contact button. Or second, run radio missions until you get a safeguard. Run then and be introduced to a new contact by the detective. The former being the easier of the two :)

As I said, I did radio missions/safeguards twice, and Detective Martins had nothing afterward.

However, I had forgotten about / hadn't noticed the "Find Contact" button. I will look for that.

Also, I know that former contacts will often introduce a new contact, but alas, known contacts don't appear on the map unless they have a mission for you or you are currently on a mission for them and need to return to them afterward. And given the number of contacts who hang out in alleys or on street corners, it's really difficult to remember exactly where they are if I want to go find them.