Any RP groups out there like this:

Judasace

Having spent the last couple of years running RPGs online, mostly using Discord/Roll 20 to run Mutants and Masterminds and MASKS, I feel like with the  AE system you could have a good RP campaign using a combination of created missions and established content, as long as you had a good GM that was willing to put together missions for the team and individual members on a regular basis, as well as run "live" RP events, mainly using the AE system and Discord for voice.

I was just wondering if there was anyone already doing this out there, and if so how's it working out?

I use to do stuff like that before the shut down and agree the AE and a few volunteers can be a terrific way to tell some great in depth rp stories if you are creative enough.  I've also had success just adding a little more story to the in game missions.  I'd also be curious if there other like minded folks out there?

My idea wasn't nearly as ambitious.  I was just thinking of identifying certain unique maps that might exist in AE that would be good Roleplaying venues...

What would REALLY make such a system would be a way to make the AE author kinda a mini-localized GM-- be able to assume NPC forms in their own game or spawn additional foes (no XP, of course, the abuse would be nightmarish).    It'd make AE somewhat closer to GM'd adventures in Neverwinter Nights... ir a kind of a instanced StoryTeller mode from late SWG.