Proposed Changes for Mind Control

Frozen Burn

There have been many threads on this over the years. I agree Mind Control could use a boost.

I won't repeat everything I've said in past threads, but to consolidate my previous posts, I think the powers that needs a look most is Telekinesis. Mass Confusion's recharge is justifiable if Telekinesis is made more useful. I actually think removing the autohit from Telekinesis, then allowing it to roll Accuracy would make it better, because then you could slot it with Hold sets, where right now you cannot, making it the easily skipped power it is.

I also wouldn't object to all of Mind's Controls that do not do damage being no notify. That would add Mass Domination and Telekinesis to the non-notify list. 

RE: Pets. I don't think adding a pet would really help. I'm not actually sure what role pets are supposed to play or how they factor into set design. 

Edited by oedipus_tex

On 2/16/2022 at 7:43 PM, Uun said:

You're ignoring a big difference between the two. Mass Confusion doesn't aggro, Seeds of Confusion does.

I don't see why that aspect of the moves even needs to be different, honestly.  Make both aggro, or neither.  I don't really mind either way.  That's not the real issue with the powers themselves.  I feel like Mass Hypnosis being the "no aggro" AoE mez is plenty.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, MTeague said:

If Mind Control is made into yet another cookie-cutter pet-driven imitation of every other controller and I lost abilities i value in the name of that .... that would sadden me greatly. I don't know that I'd bother load up my controller again at that point.

My sentiments exactly. 

One the biggest draws to Mind control for me is there are no pets. Because everything becomes my pet.

It would be interesting if you could have a pet power called "Charm".

Maybe you could turn one target enemy into a permanent pet until you recast or leave the instance.