Blood for the Blood God: Beast/Pain Build

SableShrike

First new build of the year!

This one is kinda inspired by the First Nations/Aztec/Incan mythology.  Animistic shamans using blood sacrifice to work magics.

I played and read a fair bit over the last few days and decided to go a little different with priorities this time.

Main Priority: +recharge bonuses to perma World of Pain and Painbringer, as well as cut Anguishing Cry to 3 seconds downtime.  I got this done without using Hasten, so you could take and set Clarion or Barrier to autofire as you will.

You've got about a Small Luck worth of Defense to positional in combat, capped S/L Resistance, and 30% Resist to all else.  Incarnates will bump that much higher, obviously.  Combined with your high regen and healing it makes you surprisingly hard to kill.  Mez was my biggest enemy, hence why I have Clarion in the build posted here.

I didn't worry about making pets immortal, choosing instead to build them for maximum offense.  That said, they're still plenty tough if they stay within 60 feet of you.  I built to keep Endurance under control so summoning as needed is no big deal.

Share Pain and Soothe weren't getting much use for me at level 25+ so I dropped them.  Painbringer on the "tank" is more than enough.  Share Pain might have some use in the +damage buff, but for a Mastermind our personal attacks aren't a massive part of our damage.  Your team also loses all your pets' DPS if you die.

Suppress Pain and Nullify Pain give the entire team a chokepoint to fight in, and the Panacea +HP/+End proc can fire on *EVERY ALLY IT HITS*.  Panacea behaves weirdly in that power so we may as well abuse it.

Fortify Pack:  There's two schools of thought on this power as either a key Defense boost or as a Gambler mule with passive buffs.  I lean toward the latter.  When you fire Fortify it prevents your pets from Critting, drastically lowering their DPS.

Powers I muled and never actively use:  Fortify Pack, Tactics, and all the Concealment powers.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Silap Inua: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Pain Domination
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Field Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(3), HO:Nucle(3), HO:Nucle(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), ShlBrk-%Dam(7)
Level 1: Nullify Pain -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal(11)
Level 2: Call Hawk -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Apc-Dam%(15), EndRdx-I(17)
Level 4: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(21), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37), Ksm-ToHit+(45)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Call Ravens -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(11), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Rgn-Knock%(19), EndRdx-I(43)
Level 10: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(34), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34), SlbAll-Build%(37)
Level 14: Evasive Maneuvers -- HypSnc-Fly(A), HypSnc-End/Fly(27), HypSnc-End(29), HypSnc-+Special(40)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(45), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 18: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Suppress Pain -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal(23), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Pnc-Heal/+End(25)
Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(31), SprMarofS-Dmg(31), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(31), ImpSwf-Dam%(33), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(33)
Level 28: World of Pain -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(29), GldArm-RechEnd(48), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(48), GldArm-ResDam(48), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Anguishing Cry -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(36), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(36), RechRdx-I(36), AchHee-ResDeb%(40)
Level 38: Painbringer -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 41: Temp Invulnerability -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(42), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg(42), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), ImpSki-Status(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 44: Infiltration -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Stealth -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(27)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Howler Wolf 
Level 1: Pack Mentality 
Level 10: Afterburner 
Level 12: Lioness 
Level 26: Dire Wolf 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
Level 50: Vorpal Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Talons of Vengeance Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
------------

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later

One of the nice things about MMs is you don't have to make them super difficult.

I love my Warshade, but he can be really difficult to play if I'm tired.

This is way more of an easy driver, provided you occasionally target pets to prioritize problem mobs like Daemon Lords.

• 4 weeks later
  • 1 month later