More Immersive Touches

Attache

Hey folks! Happy New Year to you all!

When I first got on the game way back when, one of the things I really dug is when you would be hanging out in Atlas, some citizen passing by would casually mention one of the heroes present and their latest mission.  It was such a small, simple thing but it made you feel part of the world and its ongoing story. 

Sadly, since so few of us are running the story arcs  (save through Ouroboros), you don't hear it much anymore. I'd love to see some more immersive moments added that aren't dependent on how you are playing the game.

I'll start: It may be the silliest thing ever but whenever I see the NPC crowds in Atlas cycling in the waiting animation while a police office addresses them, I think something can be done here. You know the scene I mean:

screenshot_211231-23-34-43.thumb.jpg.d479121aacf69eeb1c51c6c5fe30694e.jpg

Now, what if they went into their active animations whenever a hero went and stood next to the cop for a few seconds. What if they shouted a few questions?

screenshot_211231-23-34-06.thumb.jpg.b813d2d0ea1bbb72aaa6fc2378c245de.jpg

I'm guessing proximity must work to trip these kind of comments since NPCs would do it unprovoked as they passed by - I just don't know if it is possible to have it delay some few seconds  so it seems the various reporters are acting with intent, rather than just mindless looping.  That way, every passing hero won't get this reaction - they need to stand there a moment - but that said it may be cool to have the occasional reporter call out "Oh, hey! It's Runaway! Runaway, do you have any thoughts on what happened in Galaxy City?"

What immersive moments do you like in game? Or would like to see added?

Edited by Attache
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax