Emote menu bugs, irregularities and oddities (mostly shield defense)

TheZag

I hit upon a strange occurrence when using using shield defense and doing the coin toss emote.  Instead of doing nothing, like many emotes with shield defense, or doing the actual emote,  my character did an animation similar to what you would see when using ice blast.  So I went through the emote menu and found numerous issues so here they are.

***   While using Shield Defense  ***

•      Interact > Decide > Coin Toss - does an ice bolt animation
  •      Interact > Environment > Dig - does Active Defense animation
  •      Actions > Tantrum - does a slightly shorter Howl animation but with an angry man voice

As many players that use Shield Defense will already know,  there are a good portion of emotes that do absolutely nothing while your shield is visible (shield toggles on).  But I discovered that nearly every emote that does some sort of animation will then allow you to use any of the emotes that usually do nothing,  and they work just fine.  Some will clip with the shield but there are a ton of them that are absolutely perfect.  I assume that with emotes that work,  your character is placed into 'normal stance'  instead of 'shield stance'.  As long as you dont move or otherwise break 'normal stance' you can use another emote from the *forbidden for shield stance* list and it will animate as normal.  Personally,  I liked having the flashlight in my shield arm and almost every single other emote work even with the minor clipping.  But as I imagine it is not intended,  here we are.

Going through the menu extensively revealed some other issues so here they are as well

***  Issues Affecting all Characters ***

•      Idle > Mix Formula - says MixForumula as an emote line in the chat box.  The emote menu is pulling a misspelled command.  Typing /em MixFormula uses the emote properly
  •      Idle > Vigilante Loyal - says VigilaneLoyal as an emote line in the chat box.  The emote menu is pulling a misspelled command.  Typing /em VigilanteLoyal uses the emote properly
  •      Idle > Magic > Card Trick - if you remain stationary after the trick is over and the explosion of cards falls to the ground,  another explosion of cards will come from your hand even though you arent doing the emote again.  This will continue forever until you move your character or otherwise have your idle animation broken after the trick ends.
  •      Actions > Steam Punk > Steam Whistle - at least I think it was called Steam Whistle,  now its labeled Inspiration.  Inspiration is the first emote under Steam Punk and works normally.  The third emote is now also named Inspiration and correctly uses the Steam Whistle emote,  it just has the wrong label.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1