Building Blocks for Base Building

Ravynwynd

Since the Base Editor has evolved I would like for it to continue to be updated. 

I would like to have the coders/devs of Homecoming that are the one's that have added all this content to consider the following suggestion.

Because we can toggle clipping and we can place our main portal on top of the base, and we can have sky. I have been working creating a small simulation of small town with shop buildings, etc. I've also included a mansion. 

The mansion has two stories.  You can use commands plus drag item to raise an item; however it can be a little wonky; you have to have a good perspective or the item can jump placement. 

To make placing a Surface like wood floor, elevated, it would be much easier if we had BUILDING BLOCKS. 

There could be a single level block, and a double level block. Maybe even a 3rd level block.

This way I could place a double level block on the ground and then place the Surface wood tile on top of the block. I could then place furniture, walls, doors, etc; then when all was finished I could then remove the block.

simple block

Any other Base Builders that think this is a good suggestion, feel free to add your comments.

Ravynwynd

• Thumbs Up 1

I just place a floor tile at the elevation I need and throw things on top of it. No need to place things on ground and elevate it since my "ground" is already elevated. Just a thought. (Ctrl + drag floor tile to new location you want elevated items at and keep adding.)

Your wood floor should work just as well. Lining up additional floor tiles can get annoying, but as you keep building up, wouldn't you still need more building blocks of different heights? (I also just check the highlight of adjacent floor tiles when elevated to make sure they line up.) Not saying building blocks are a bad idea, but you already have safes and other base items that were previously used to do the same thing. Back before we could just elevate a floor tile to where we wanted and work off it.

Edited by Rudra

As @Rudra mentioned, floating a floor tile (or other flat surface) is the usual go-to for adding a bunch of things at a specific height.  I do like your block idea though, with a twist - the ability to simply set a height in a room (UI option in Room Details), with all items counting that height as the floor (so we don't have to mess with trying to select/drag/realign that pesky floor tile).  Similar options for walls/ceilings would be great, so we could define a room's outline (maybe even tilted, perhaps?) and just fill in details.