Raised By Wolves (HBO Max)

Just finished the first season of this and decided to give the show it's own thread. Ridley Scott directed the first two episodes and his hand is all over this. If you don't like alien worlds (not those ones, sorry), synthetic humans, freakish plot twists and other-worldly occurrences then it's probably not going to be your cup of tea. The show is written by Aaron Guzikowski of Prisoners fame.

Synopsis:

War between The Atheists (a faction of technocrats) and The Mythraic (a faction of crusaders led by a clergy with a militant arm) threatens humanities extinction. A rogue Atheist scientist hacks two snyths called Mother and Father and sends them to the planet Kepler 22-B with 12 human embryos to begin a new human colony. The Mythraic send their own Ark to Kepler 22-B with colonists in hyper-sleep around the same time. The Atheist mission arrives 12 years in advance.

I enjoyed the show. Plot twists abound and if you like Ridley Scott's work then you'll like this as well. Religious and ethical themes are a primary focus, combined with both a plot and character driven story. I'd call it a science fiction psychological thriller and the show doesn't disappoint with the subplots and overall storyline. Better than Prometheus and easier to follow. Season One wraps up with some answers but more questions in a good way that left me wanting to see what happens next. Recommended if you like anything you read in this review.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

• 4 weeks later