Broadsword/Shield build critique

Lamp

So i just finished my final build on my first 50 brute (first 50 melee toon even), not particularly happy with the heavy reliance on isps to handle anything more than 2+ and struggling at that. Wondering if the good people of the forum have any suggestions on where i can improve my build to at least handle 2+ content confidently. anything is welcome! not gonna hurt my feelings if you think the whole build is wrong. 🙂

Sir.mxd

On 2/9/2022 at 11:55 PM, Lamp said:

So i just finished my final build on my first 50 brute (first 50 melee toon even), not particularly happy with the heavy reliance on isps to handle anything more than 2+ and struggling at that. Wondering if the good people of the forum have any suggestions on where i can improve my build to at least handle 2+ content confidently. anything is welcome! not gonna hurt my feelings if you think the whole build is wrong. 🙂

Sir.mxd 4.74 kB · 4 downloads

When you say "handle", do you mean taking damage or dealing damage?

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Ok, a few things:

1) You need to take Active Defense, and make sure it has enough recharge to be perma. It is your mez protection. You should CTRL+click it so it automatically fires every time it recharges.

2) Deflection gives both RES, and DEF so it's best to give 3 slots to each set type.

3) True Grit does the same for Heal(+HP), and RES

4)Grant Cover may only give +DEF to you allies, but it does give you DEF debuff resistance which can be handy when you get hit with -DEF debuffs

5) OWTS is awesome. It gives  +RES, +MAXHP(which increase regen), and +Recovery. It even gives you mez protection in case your toggles drop. It can get you through hard fights.

6)Parry gives you +DEF to Melee/Lethal for 13 seconds after a hit, so it can help to throw it in you attack chain.

Although, it may not be needed if you hit 45% DEF to all positions with a build like I attached, the extra 24% melee DEF could help in Incarnate stuff.

I don't have a BS/SHD brute, but I do have a SHD/BS Tank, and she rocks with a similar build.

Brute - Broad Sword - Shield Defense.mxd