Ghoul King from Helix arc issue

GM Impervium

• Lead Game Master

So apparently doing this Arc AFTER First Ward causes the Ghoul King to not respond the way he's supposed to, and soft-locks progression. He just says "Thank You" (instead of asking for the cure) and doesn't trigger the near by Man Eater to turn hostile.

Here's the /showobjective spam:

0 DefendedKing [initialized]
 1 DefendGhoulKing [succeeded]
 2 TalkToGhoulKing [initialized]
 3 TalkToVahz2 [succeeded and failed]
 4 GhoulKingLocation [initialized]
 5 VolumeTriggerFront [succeeded]
 6 VolumeTriggerMiddle [succeeded]
 7 VolumeTriggerBack [succeeded]
 8 ScriptTalkToVahz2 [succeeded]

• Thanks 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

• 4 months later

I encountered this issue tonight.  With @GM Impervium 's help, the mission was auto-completed.  However, my character had not stepped foot in First Ward yet.

I've been playing gold side a lot the past year or so, trying different ways of running through all of the story arcs.  See what works, see what doesn't.  Here was my latest go around:  Do all of the Nova Praetoria story arcs naturally, turning XP off at level 7.  Do all of the Imperial City Loyalist Responsibility, Loyalist Power, and Resistance Warden story arcs naturally, turning XP off at level 14.  Do all of the Neutropolis Loyalist Responsibility, Loyalist Power, and Resistance Warden story arcs naturally, turning XP off at level 18.  That left the Imperial City and Neutropolis Resistance Crusader story arcs remaining.  I dinged level 20 running missions from Clockwork A87952, and then used a Pillar of Ice & Flame crystal in a SG base to Flashback to the various Resistance Crusader story arcs in Imperial City and Neutropolis.  My plan was to do all of that, and then leave Neutropolis and go red side to Sharkhead Isle.  I got through all of the Imperial City Resistance Crusader story arcs.  No problem so far.  Got through Crow's story arc no problem.

Helix's story arc though, I ran into a brickwall called the Ghoul King.  All of the Ghouls in the mission "Negotiate with Ghouls" were blue/friendly.  I ran to the Ghoul King, and tried talking with him... however, he thanked me for saving him, when I hadn't done so yet.  He should take the serum, then the Manslayers around him should become hostile... but that never happened.  I tried resetting the mission, same thing.  I tried abandoning the mission and reobtaining it, same thing.  I sent in a petition, which GM Impervium responded to very quickly.  He asked if I had done any missions in First Ward but, as I said, my character had never been to First Ward.  The only zones he had been in were Precinct 5, Nova Praetoria, Underground Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, Underground Imperial City, Neutropolis, Underground Neutropolis, and Pocket D.

So, this issue seems to extend beyond First Ward.  FWIW, my character is a Loyalist.

For reference, other threads I've found discussing this issue are:

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1