Psi or Savage/Dark

Wolfenstein

I’m trying different primary/secondary sets, I have a concept character in mind and the two of these seemed to be a good primary. I’m very familiar with the /Dark part, having my fair share of Dark Tanks, Scrappers and Brutes. I’ve never really seen a Psi/ brute (probably answering my own question here, lol) and barely seen Savage. My question(s) is, has anyone out there ran one (or both) of these combos high enough to make a solid reasoning on what I would be in store for as I level.  This would most likely be a toon that I would jump on and do TF or teaming with, and I would put infamy towards maxing it out with sets if it’s worth it and enjoyable.  Any help would be greatly appropriated bc I can then just move on to a different primary for this toon. 

Savage.

The con for Savage right now is that Hemo isn't worth taking. It is low on mitigation, but the DoT is fueled by Fury so its AoE damage is quite nice, maybe third behind Rad and Spines. Psionic, in short, has a two-headed problem. 1. Insight is great when it works but the player has lesser control on it compared to other combo/buff systems out there. It also has a period where one can be locked out from gaining Insight. 2. On the counterpoint, Boggle also tags the target in such a way as that target now has an increased chance of giving Insight. The problem with this is Boggle being e ST Confuse which only labels that one target as giving a better chance to trigger Insight and Boggle's cast time isn't great. This would be a lesser issue if you solo a lot. In summary, I find Insight to be the most problematic mechanism for an attack set. I found in my early testing of Psionic for it to be really good when Insight was working. There is also the issue of Psi being resisted at times and heavily so in some cases.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."