Not another Seismic/Earth! But really, another one.

Onlyasandwich

Edit: @Shred Monkey's comment on another thread got me to thinking about the implications of Seismic Force on overall cooldown, and whether it might be viable to skip hasten. I have entered a second hastenless build. Have any of you tried relying on this mechanic without hasten, and did it leave you wanting to go back to the land of glowing yellow hands?

Edit 2: Further optimization added to squeeze some more resist and def, fit in buildup proc for snipe.

Update for any interested: Added the final version of this build. Loving it! Absolutely my most fun blaster yet built on Homecoming.

Good evening, blasterinos! I've had my eye on the newish Seismic set, and feel like Blaster is the best place to start with my next concept.

I know there are quite a few builds shuffling about the forums, which I have reviewed for inspiration. I have a few goals in mind, and would love to see if you can spot any interesting optimizations I missed, or standard idiocy that my silly monkey brain has engaged in.

My goals with this build:

• Ranged softcap is a "soft" goal. I'm okay being a bit short in pursuit of other goals, but would like to be there.
  • -recharge resist. This is a real in and out melee/ranged build, so mobility is important, and I just hate being slowed down.
  • I'm not sweating +recharge stacking too terribly much, as I have a pretty good stack of active powers to keep throwing, but every ounce here on the side is useful.
  • Hit reliably against +4's. I love the flexibility Beryl gives me here.
  • Proccy proc proc proc where it makes sense, or even sometimes where it's pretty edge case. I like extra damage for doing silly things. : )

Where I feel this one falls a bit short:

• Just an edge shy of softcap. If I can get that extra ~2.5% without eating into other things, that would be great. Softcapped!
  • I am a bit on the lower side for global recharge. Some extra juice here wouldn't hurt, though with FFback firing it looks pretty good.
  • What do you think about skipping Fracture? I like that it can stack with stalagmite, and how fast activating it is, but the acc is tough to get up to par, and it isn't up very often. Also lacks good procability.

Things I'm just unsure of:

• Is it dumb to skip Entomb? The DPA isn't all that impressive, and I feel like Heavy Mallet fits the slot better for a similar purpose,. Also I'm not a huge fan of the animation.
  • Will I have room for all my clickies in the normal combat flow, or have I given myself too much to do? A few of these aoes especially are on a pretty short cooldown. 

Unusual bits:

• I actually like the idea of Salt Crystals as a super fast cast debuff/moderate pbaoe that heals. The in-combat pause from auto-hit sleep might even come handy at times. I'm actually really enjoying aoe sleeps these days, especially proccable ones.
  • I skipped Char! Silly I know given the proc potential. My rationale is that I want to focus on keeping a constant flow of seismic shockwaves activating so I get more empowered Rock Shards and Stalagmites, and I don't have room to siphon slots to Char either if I chose it.
  • No -KB in Meteor! Forget it man - they just gonna be dead. The timing game for getting all the aoes to hit at once is just more important now. : )

The Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Seismic Blast
Secondary Power Set: Earth Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shatter -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 1: Stone Prison -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Rock Shards -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(9), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(9)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17)
Level 6: Heavy Mallet -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 8: Seismic Force -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 12: Upthrust -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), PstBls-Dam%(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(37)
Level 16: Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: Tombstone -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dam%(29), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31), Dcm-Build%(31)
Level 20: Mud Bath -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(34)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Kick -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A)
Level 26: Stalagmite -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Beryl Crystals -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Meteor -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 35: Salt Crystals -- HO:Endo(A), CaloftheS-Heal%(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Dam%(43), TchofDth-Dam%(45), UnbCns-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 44: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)
Level 47: Fire Shield -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(48), GldArm-RechEnd(34), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(50), GldArm-ResDam(37), GldArm-3defTpProc(39)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Seismic Shockwaves 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Hastenless version:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Seismic Blast
Secondary Power Set: Earth Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shatter -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 1: Stone Prison -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Rock Shards -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(9), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(9)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17)
Level 6: Heavy Mallet -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 8: Seismic Force -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 10: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 12: Upthrust -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), PstBls-Dam%(19), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(37)
Level 16: Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: Tombstone -- HO:Nucle(A), Apc-Dmg(29), Apc-Dam%(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31), Dcm-Build%(31)
Level 20: Mud Bath -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(34)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Kick -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A)
Level 26: Stalagmite -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Beryl Crystals -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Meteor -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(40), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 35: Salt Crystals -- HO:Endo(A), CaloftheS-Heal%(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Seismic Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Dam%(43), TchofDth-Dam%(45), UnbCns-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 44: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)
Level 47: Fire Shield -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(48), GldArm-RechEnd(34), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(50), GldArm-ResDam(37), GldArm-3defTpProc(39)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Seismic Shockwaves 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1

I've updated the build in OP with a new, hastenless variety. The recharge mechanic in Seismic Force is more powerful than it looked at first glance, and I'd love to see if leveraging it allows me to drop hasten and maintain a good chain.

Advantages:

• I picked up combat teleport, which I really wanted in the build.
  • Officially at Ranged softcap now.
  • I have a real travel power too.
  • More KB protection is always nice.

Disadvantages:

• I dropped Tremor, which does decent DPA when procced out. It is however a bit of a slow cast and smallish aoe, which is a nonbo with melee range if I'm trying to play with quick positioning. Additionally, my other aoes recycle pretty quickly, so it may not be needed anyhow.
  • Less optimized single target attack chain. Still plenty to fill it, but since the Seismic Force effect doesn't apply to secondary attacks, Mallet and Smash are going to take longer to get back. I was able to use some of the slots to beef up recharge in Seismic and Build Up so I am less reliant on FFback procs to keep them rolling.

I'm going to level this guy in "hasten mode" and see what I think. I'm sort of leaning towards the hastenless build long-term, as I really love combat teleport for mixed ranged/melee characters.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
Grammar

For any that may be curious about how this going, I'm loving this guy! 

Seismic and Earth are both such impactful, smashy sets. I know some folks are not too keen on the delay for Meteor, but I've found the timing game for how best to approach the alpha combo pretty fun. It provides a sense of urgency and focus, as I really want to get off enough to wipe the mob before they are thrown to the moon. My solo combo thus far is lead with Upthrust, tp in, salt crystals for quick damage and achilles proc, meteor, pop shards as I leap backwards. This leaves bosses alive, but no big deal. Blasty blast and combat teleport rocks into their faces.

I did go ahead and respec into the hastenless build, and it's totally worth it. I have to make a bit of an effort to save my seismic stacks for Seismic force at times so I can benefit from the cooldown redux, but most of the time this doesn't keep me from picking up enough stacks for the other powers that benefit when needed. While the cooldown buff is in effect, I can chain aoes back to back seamlessly.

Heavy Mallet/Stalag/Proccy Smash/Tombstone is truly a beautiful single target dream. I'm not sure how the chain parses out compared high performers like Fire/electric, but it feels really good, and I think it's probably not far off. Smashing damage will always be a limiting factor to some degree, of course.

I don't regret dropping Tremor at all. It's a great power, but doesn't play very well into the Meteor timing game, and it's much more fun teleporting and jumping about with near instant cast aoes across the board outside my nuke.