EM/Shield Build help

FayTuhL

Looking to get started on an alt and am looking for a mids build to possibly go off of for end game. Havent rolled EM since live so I wouldnt even know where to start. Thanks!

Edited by Ryanoceros

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

SUUUUUPER AWESOME COMBO! I'll get you one cause i plan to do this myself. Did em/bio, was fun but em/shield is just insane.

Yes please do! I’m looking to start one up this evening so a build would be great to have something to base it on to have a direction for end game!

Here's my current EM/SD/ZappBL build:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Deflection -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), GldStr-%Dam(45)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(5), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-EndRdx(11), RedFrt-Def(13)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(7), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(7), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(9), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(43)
Level 8: True Grit -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(23), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 10: Active Defense -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(19), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun(25), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(47), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Total Focus -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Acc/Rchg(27), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(29), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), GldStr-%Dam(31)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(31), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(33), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(33), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), GldStr-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(36), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(36), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Zapp -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(42), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(47)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25), NmnCnv-Heal(45), RgnTss-Regen+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(46)
Level 1: Energy Focus
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 22: Double Jump
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

Muscle and Ageless.

I've gotten turned on to getting a lot of Slow resistance also, and this build has 80% (100 with the cim day job of another +20). You'll most likely get to incarnate cap when doing incarnate content with all the team buffs flying around. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

1 hour ago, Ryanoceros said:

That’s the build you are currently running? I want to build around a final end game build rather than one to just get me by so if that’s a better one I’ll follow the zap build.

It is. It exemps perfectly fine. Everything is catalyzed except for the purps and winter stuff. What can be +5ed, is. I don't build something and use it if I can't use it for everything. Exemping, farming, av hunting, whatever. I do know before this guy had anything past T1 muscle and T4 Ageless it was dropping +4 AVs, solo. Ghost Widow being one of them.

Edited by SomeGuy

1 hour ago, Ryanoceros said:

Just made him this morning! Build looks expensive so I’ve got my work cut out! Lol. I appreciate it. What server are you on? If you want to add me on global is @EyeTheKing.

Excel. And sure thing!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:42 PM, Ryanoceros said:

That’s the build you are currently running? I want to build around a final end game build rather than one to just get me by so if that’s a better one I’ll follow the zap build.

FYI is SomeGuy not me sounds like he's trying to pick up and hijack the build. I can guarantee you EM on scrappers does not need Zapp to fill out any ST lack. I can also guarantee mine will have better survivability and endurance/regen than that Zapp build.

The only main difference is having an extra aoe via ball lightning, but i can also guarantee that it's not needed with my build as well. Build up, TF, get gaussians proc and crit proc for both boosted power crash and then shield charge, whirling hands, and then TF/PC again during regular build up. Only bosses *might* survive, and EM on scraps is the best ST pretty much besides TW. I'd much rather the to hit debuff resitance, and extra 111.78% regen and 37% recovery with my build. Weave earlier is also going to do a LOT more for you than grant cover.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:42 PM, Ryanoceros said:

My build is a final end game build and exemps wonderfully as well fyi.

29 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

FYI is SomeGuy not me sounds like he's trying to pick up and hijack the build. I can guarantee you EM on scrappers does not need Zapp to fill out any ST lack. I can also guarantee mine will have better survivability and endurance/regen than that Zapp build.

lol no, definitely not trying to hijack anything. I only shared it to give ideas. There is no "best" build. Everyone values things differently and builds towards those values.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

lol no, definitely not trying to hijack anything. I only shared it to give ideas. There is no "best" build. Everyone values things differently and builds towards those values.

Yeah read fast and looked like you were responding as me XD. Best *per* value though. I can guarantee mine offers more survivability/endurance. While yours does offer more aoe with ball lightning, it's VERY slight more. With Bu, gaussians, crit proc, tf>pc>sc>wh>tf>pc>wh most bosses don't even survive that aoe, so BL really just adds more flavor for range, but with cj, it's not like it hard to jump in half a second to the enemy.