Fire/Ice or Ice/Fire?

Marshal_General

In an effort to play one of each AT I am giving blasters another try. I don't think I ever got one above 20 in the old game.

I know Fire/ will do more damage and has 4 AoE powers while Ice only has 3.

I am leaning towards Fire/Ice as it looks like /Ice has a bit more survivability.

Fire/Ice is a lot of fun. The Ice secondary powers let you slow the bad guys enough to roast em good. Plus, Ice Patch is one of the few things in the game that can make Rain of Fire useful! A Fire/Ice blaster was one of my Incarnates back in the day and I'm working on a new one now.

Both are strong combos that are fun to play all the way up. /ice offers an amazing amount of mitigation and is good on small teams and shines solo. Shiver+Rain of Fire makes for a slow roast. Only negative I would say is that the mitigation /ice brings to the table is rendered somewhat redundant if you decide to invest in an expensive softcapped ranged defense IO-build.

True, but that would take some time to get there and a lot of influence I don't have yet.

I did create a fire/ice character.

What sort of things should I look for?

I would guess acrobatics along with the usual haste, tough and weave? I am not sure there is anything that I would absolutely need haste for. I will have to check.

Any skipable powers?