Gold Side Task Force

mrdeeds7

Was thinking this would be a cool way to play / get more activity in Praetoria. Could be either a substitute for Posi 1 & 2 that would plug in for TFC or a 20-25 to swap for Yin, where a distress call drags you back to (or go for the first time). I love the gold content but the common complaints are - few players over there, dragging content, and them blasted sewers. So easy! No sewers in the TF. Would also create a little more variety in the early game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Resistance or Loyalist? Who would the contact be? Could Loyalists do it if a Resistance TF or could Resistance do it if a Loyalist TF? How would this fit in with current content where return trips to Praetoria are fighting against Tyrant and the IDF or fighting against the forces of Praetorian Hamidon? What would be the justification for player characters who are supposedly gearing up to save Primal Earth from Praetoria to go to Praetoria to fight for either side? (This last question is obviously about non-Praetorian characters going to do the TF.)

Edit: The problem as I see it is that when you are red side, regardless of alignment, you are treated as a villain for the purposes of doing SFs. When you are blue side regardless of alignment, you are treated as a hero for doing TFs. At least for joining one in both cases, though you may not be able to start one if the wrong alignment. Then you get to Ouroboros where you have a TF available to both sides, but both sides can be present at the same time. And suddenly the TF won't launch because you have players of the wrong alignment. Now you are extending the Ouroboros Mender Silos TF problem to Praetoria.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

Praetorian here.

Much as I adore Gold side and think a TF would be great, (writing two trilogies of AEs set there!)  it would bork your experience progression from 1 to 20 through your contacts, pushing you by quite a lot of relevant material.  Now, possibly a Gold TF/SF in First Ward or Night Ward would work better.  The progression problem is still there (assuming you went straight from Neutropolis to First Ward rather than to Primal Earth) but not as severe as in Nova/Imperial/Neutropolis.

And the "sides" are far more fluid in First Ward/Night Ward, and I refer all to Monument 9 in "The Last Word" History Badge:

"So Cole is right about some things: Look around you. This is what Hamidon and the Devouring Earth are capable of. They did this much damage even with nearly a hundred super-powered beings there to combat them. Cole might be a manipulative, scheming, ruthless bastard, but at least he's able to keep Praetoria stable and free of the kind of destruction you see here. I still hate the guy: I believe that we can have peace and prosperity without the manipulation, the coercion, the oppression, but you wouldn't be standing here if Cole hadn't beaten back Hamidon's hordes. If you want to supplant the State, at a minimum you've got to be able to protect the innocent from the kind of death and destruction Hamidon can dish out."

Common allies against Hamidon and so on.

Edited by Darmian
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )