Rad / EleC Blapper

aaronares

Don't skip cosmic burst. It does good damage and you can use it to stack stuns with Thunder Strike or Force of Thunder.

From a survival perspective do you think melee or S/L defense the moment you think of the term blapper?

How many mob do you think you can get within melee range at once? 5, 6? Are mobs using melee attacks against you when they first spot you approaching? What about mobs that run away and shoot you from a distance, or scattered mobs on certain maps that aren't clumped together.

Do you think that just because you have melee powers that means you need to STAY in melee range?

I see a lot of players shooting for melee defense on a melee blaster and by itself it's a complete waste of time. Some mobs are perfectly content shooting you and melee defense does nothing against those. S/L covers more attacks but non-s/l attacks will get through. Range defense catches all range attacks thrown at you and as long as you can maneuver and keep at Tiny bit of distance between mobs and you, you force them to either chase you or shoot you. In my experience S/L defense and Range defense form a good "catch all" combo. Ranged will take care of most range attacks and S/L covers most melee stuff and a lot of AoE attacks as well.

If I need to prioritize my defenses, it will always be range first, then S/L. The game has mechanics that allow you to keep your distance even when using melee attacks.

I know that procs are all the rage but I see that build running out of end a lot. You are going to be cycling some very high DPA attacks that are not slotted for any endurance reduction, and your recovery is not going to be able to keep up. Procs makes more sense for ATs that have solved for survival because they can afford to redirect slotting to more offense. Blasters are in the other spectrum, they do damage already, they need survival to balance it out. You can get that through teaming and getting buffs, but if you want to be more self sufficient that's going to impact your build design.

You also have zero slow resistance. You won't feel the pain unless you go up against mobs that slow, but even a caltrop patch can just show you how annoying not having any slow resist is. Blasters are not meant to stand still and faceroll stuff even if they have high defense, and a slow/immobile blaster is a dead blaster. Slow resistance also resists -recharge effects, have a few council galaxies land hits on you and see how your recharge plummets. Do you like that? no? then build for some slow resistance.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

15 hours ago, aaronares said:

looking for advice on this build.

I like your style here, aaronares! 

Like Nemu says, Cosmic Burst is pretty strong. I can sort of see where you're going with this though. You have picked up Havoc as a third ST smack in /elec, so still have a decent rotation. I would lean towards swapping Havoc for CB, as you can still do strong damage while adding utility through stacking stuns. Havoc will be a stronger damage contributor by a decent margin when procced out, but the range and defensive flexibility of CB through stuns will be really nice. I'd say it's your call. 🙂

A few basic observations:

• Placate proc doesn't really do anything useful in havoc punch.
  • Straight end enhancement is stronger than the numina unique in Dynamo.
  • Force of Thunder is underslotted for accuracy.

I may put together my own take on this combo later! Happy building.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about maybe doing a Rad/Elec version of the Fire/elec I just posted recently.

Below is the adaptation I am considering. It's very similar in many respects to my fire/elec, but attempts to leverage Oppressive Gloom and stacking stuns from Force, TS, and even CB to make up for dicey defenses. I still hover within a small purple's reach of ranged softcap.

In practice, staying in melee range for OG to keep stunning is not optimal. The range and target cap is limited after all, and you can't count on a tightly packed crowd. I think it might stand a better chance than relying on knockdowns alone, however! Would be fun to try.

Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: X-Ray Beam -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(50)
Level 1: Electric Fence -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Charged Brawl -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(48)
Level 4: Irradiate -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Obl-%Dam(5), Erd-%Dam(7), TchofLadG-%Dam(7), AchHee-ResDeb%(9)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Proton Volley -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(13), StnoftheM-Dam%(13), GldJvl-Dam%(46), ShlBrk-%Dam(46), TchofLadG-%Dam(46)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Ksm-ToHit+(15), WntGif-ResSlow(43), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(45), BlsoftheZ-Travel(45)
Level 16: Thunder Strike -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17), Arm-Dam%(42), Erd-%Dam(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 18: Cosmic Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), GldJvl-Dam%(19), Apc-Dam%(40), ShlBrk-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42)
Level 20: Dynamo -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(25), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(37)
Level 22: Kick -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(23), ExpStr-Dam%(23)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)
Level 26: Neutron Bomb -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), JvlVll-Dam%(27), PstBls-Dam%(29), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(29), TchofLadG-%Dam(31)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Atomic Blast -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Force of Thunder -- AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37)
Level 38: Shocking Grasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), Hct-Dam%(39), NrnSht-Dam%(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(40), UnbCns-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- HO:Ribo(A), ResDam-I(45)
Level 47: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------