Powerset changes, Incarnates, etc

Broadsword should work in tandem like dark melee works with dark armor. that being said, i suggest the AoE powers like whirling sword, head splitter, and slice should do more damage on tanks. For Brutes, i like the numbers that i can see in mid's but i wish the powers had a DoT (negative) since its damage type is commonly resisted. 

Shield Defense is an overall good set, but due to the lack of a self heal within the power set- i feel that True Grit should offer a decent regeneration buff instead. if not, Against all odds could "add" a regen per enemy nearby mechanic with its dmg buff per enemy nearby if players prefer the +max HP. Thats my only suggestion.

Elec melee is touchy for some, but ive found that due to the large amount of AoE built into the set, along with procs like chance for +recharge and chance for heal, that a major change can happen. while chain induction is great, i would prefer to have a ST high dmg with a DoT (like a taser effect). Ion judgement makes chain induction look silly anyhow.

Martial arts getting a +def only on brutes (according to mids) seems criminal! i believe that Street Justice is perfect for brutes (the animations are more of a MMA/UFC fighter feel) wherein martial arts befits scrappers (because irl, real martial artists dont seek to fight and if they do, its to end it fast- so the scrappers higher base dmg and critical chance is ideal)

Now that we have water blast power set, do we expect to see a water melee/assault/manipulation or armor?

Are we ever going to see a cross between luminous and umbral powersets as a new AT?

will the other Incarnate powers be released? will we get more judgements and lores? 

are we ever going to see an AT that uses the Defender primaries but Dominator Secondaries?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Divine Dragonborn God said:

Broadsword should work in tandem like dark melee works with dark armor.

What do you mean by this?  Shield defense seems the most fitting as a match for the single handed melee sets, and parry from broadsword complements it nicely.  Tanks already get increased AoEs/cones, so I don't think they should also get more damage.  I don't think a self heal or regen fits with shield defense, thematically.  The increased defense does mean that you're less  likely to be interrupted when using aid self - perhaps it could benefit from some alternate animations, like chugging a potion.

Are we ever going to see a cross between luminous and umbral powersets as a new AT?

Those belong to Peacebringers and Warshades, respectively.  I wouldn't be against some sort of luminous blast set for blasters, defenders, corruptors, but Umbral is kind of a mix of dark blast and gravity powers, so I don't think that makes sense to port over, (and while I'm thinking about it, Luminous blast is basically energy blast anyway).

will the other Incarnate powers be released? will we get more judgements and lores? 

Good question.  I don't know.  Lore should be relatively easy to implement - I'd love a Malta Operatives, PPD, or Sky Raiders one, for instance.  An Earth Judgement would be cool.  I don't know if it would make sense to also include a tech or firearm-related one, though.

are we ever going to see an AT that uses the Defender primaries but Dominator Secondaries?

There are some blast sets that have more PBAoEs and shorter-range attacks than others, but I don't know if I'd want to just shove melee attacks into a support AT haphazardly.  Do you have any idea of what sort of inherent or other survival tools you'd include, to make entering melee enticing for such an AT?

Now that we have water blast power set, do we expect to see a water melee/assault/manipulation or armor?

I could see something like this working.  Would you use the same tidal power mechanic?  Kinetic melee is kind of "flowy" as well...

Edited by biostem