Claws Incorrectly Sized/Misaligned

El D

While making a new Claws/Willpower Scrapper, I noticed something that irked me. There's a noticeable difference in scale between the Legacy and the tintable variants on Claws for Female body types - the tintable versions are decidedly smaller.

1434741100_FemaleClaws.thumb.png.bc369f11a458c0dab579ffd37b87a26b.png

So, I decided to investigate a bit further, and found that it's also true for Huge body types... but in reverse. The Legacy Claws are so misaligned they're actually sunken into the hand, while the tintable variants are actually correctly scaled for the model.

552347491_HugeClaws.thumb.png.ae14192f3da23909fa8b044aa9a8ad7e.png

The Male body type? Absolutely no issues, and the Legacy claw options are a direct match for their tintable versions. I'm 99% sure this discrepancy came from the fact that the Live Devs just made a single 'Claw' model based on the Male body type and ported it over to the other body types without significant tweaks - would explain why they're 'big' on Female models and not situated properly on Huge models. Except then they put in 'proper scaling' afterword to give Female models more 'dainty' claws and the Huge models gigantic claws (that actually weren't broken when applied to the model).

My suggestion is a scale tweak on available Claws options - make the Legacy and tintable versions the same size for their respective models. Though, at that point I'd also push for porting the Female/Huge-Scaled Claws options available across all models. Give Claws 'Small/Large' versions of the current options, effectively, and give everyone the choice of giant stabby knife-hands or stealthy stabby knife-hands rather than being locked into one or the other.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

This is true of all legacy weapons, they're sized for the male model only and weren't updated when they made the customisable ones. If I remember rightly it was intentional at the time as the live devs didn't want to upset people who liked the way the legacy models looked.

• Thumbs Up 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

27 minutes ago, General Idiot said:

This is true of all legacy weapons, they're sized for the male model only and weren't updated when they made the customisable ones. If I remember rightly it was intentional at the time as the live devs didn't want to upset people who liked the way the legacy models looked.

That's a fair point! They did try not to tweak the Legacy versions of things unless they absolutely had to <side-eyes at Sonic Resonance>

Still think that Claws could use a proliferation of the alternately scaled options as additional customization choices, though. It's the only Weapon set that could get away with it, and Claws hasn't gotten any customization tweaks since well before the Shutdown (outside of 'No Redraw' of course, but that's not a weapon skin <.<)

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.