Elec/Time Defender vs Corruptor

oedipus_tex

I'm very familiar with Electric Blast and with Time Manipulation, but the time has come to roll an Elec/Time Defender or Corruptor and I am trapped in indecision.

The Defender obviously has much better buffs and debuffs, and a +30% Damage bonus when solo. 

The Corruptor has lower buffs but I am unsure how much that really matters. It has Scourge to help power teams through difficult AV fights.

+Recharge isn't affected by archetype, only -Resist, +Defense, Slow Run Speed and a few other things. -Regen would be the same on both ATs, but there isn't a whole lot of that in Time to begin with.

The Defender is forced to take the T1 Blast. The Corruptor is forced to take Time Crawl. If it is feasible to skip either of these that would be a big bonus, because the build is going to be tight.

The plan for either build is probably to take Soul Mastery in order to use Power Boost for Farsight and boosted endurance drains. But I could be open to other alternatives.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by oedipus_tex

I've actually played both. The corruptor is part of a static duo (it is amazing what a pair of these can do) but the defender is the better soloist by far. In general I want the buffs before the blasts and this is particularly true for time.

In terms of epic I've been avoiding the power boost/farsight combo for a while now. It is possible to softcap ranged and aoe without it and everything in melee is debuffed, possibly without end and dying anyway. That leaves the door open to dark mastery and its much better version of soul drain.