So what's the I27 plan?

Shred Monkey

I've been using as my standard blaster build to aim for soft cap smashing/lethal and ranged (usually getting 45% to energy as well).  With the upcoming changes my survivability will go down as many attacks that are AoE or Melee will now be unaffected by my S/L defense and get through easier.    I'm curious on everyone's thoughts about the upcoming changes and what they'll do, if anything, to their builds.

Personally, my main blaster these days is seismic/martial blaster.  I created a build that ignores range defense and focuses on typed defenses (achieved soft cap to all but negative).  I was also able to swap in some procs to my ST attacks so my ST damage goes up with this build as well.  It's working well and with the added ST damage I'd to keep it even if I27 wasn't coming.  I'm a little weaker to a few enemies that have ranged psi damage but I'm still handling them with my knockdowns, barrier destiny, and raw damage.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Nothing changes, S/L/E/R still covers a lot, and if you understand how to make movement an advantage then you are golden. Even more so when you have other forms of mitigation at your disposal.

The other school of thought is to cram all those 6 piece winters to buff up F/C def. That works too, but can be expensive, and also at the cost of other bonuses/procs.

I also expect to see more pure range builds, That's the easy way out.

• Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Things will change little for me, due to my playstyle on my blasters.  Simply, I never relied entirely on smash/lethal/energy defense, and my builds had high defense in other things to as a result.  Enough so, that 1 purple insp can kick me to soft-cap vs everything.  One blaster also has support hybrid(actually for teammates), which results in very frequently having very high defense vs everything.  She still mops the floor with everything lightning fast on her own.

It's just a change where a minor adjustment is all thats needed to deal with it.  Funnily enough, I already played in the way players will have to adjust to.

• Like 1