Null the Gull

On 7/28/2022 at 3:59 AM, Rudra said:

(S)he didn't say take the tram. (S)he said go up to the tram and then hike a couple blocks.

Why would you start from the tram unless you are going someplace else?

From where you first appear in Atlas, you can either go around the east side of City Hall to the Pocket D entrance marked on the map

That would be the shortest distance.

Why would you go to the tram and then travel a couple of blocks unless you were going to another zone to travel those couple blocks?

There are is only one block to travel from the tram to the Pocket D entrance in Atlas. The City Hall areas is all one block and the Pocket D entrance is within that.

This wasn't added until ....

... so only  year ago, and I had no reason to search out another way to get to the Pocket D or to look around on the Atlas Map for things that might have been added to it.

(Edit: Unless of course (s)he is saying take the tram to King's Row and hike the few blocks to the KR entrance to Pocket D... in which case, I'm wrong and (s)he is saying to take the tram....)

....and that is what it was saying to me since they were directing me to go to the tram and then travel a few blocks.....

Live and learn, I guess.

This is always true.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

There really is no basis for anyone saying that Null the Gull can only be in one place.

Signature characters in the game are in more than one place.

All other types of vendors and trainers are in more than once place.

Null the Gull only being in the Pocket D really makes it essential during the first hours of the character to travel to the Pocket D, if ...

... you don't want to bounce off the walls because someone triple slotted their speed boost with 3 runs (which I consider trolling other people)

... you don't want to get interrupted mid battle to click on accept or deny mystic fortune.

... you don't want to get lifted off the ground by Group Fly because you don't want to be flying and/or some of your powers don't work while you are flying

.... don't want to get teleported in the middle of a mob without warning ("I thought I had turn on the option where I was able to pick if I accepted a teleport or not?!", some teleport-crazed character "That won't stop me from Team Teleporting you!") [Seriously, I had one guy ask "Why isn't my teleport working on you?" after they repeatedly tried to team teleport one of my squishy characters into the middle of a mob!]

If you want to leave all that Dimensional Warden stuff and side switching in the Pocket D, that's fine with me. The Side switching part should obviously only be an option in a neutral area unless you wanted to make it so  you couldn't turn Villain in the City or turn Hero in the Isles.

But all that other basic stuff could be (and I think should be) more easily accessible from the get go as some of those things should have been added to the Options menu, but it was too difficult to add them to the options menu so they put in Null the Gull.

Anything that should be in the options menu should be accessible in the starter zones.

If not Null the Gull, give those "option changing" menus that couldn't be added to the options menu to the starting trainers like Ms Liberty.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Why would you start from the tram unless you are going someplace else?

I can't say for anyone else, but for a long time I was being given directions on how to find things from the tram. Even in Atlas Park. Why would you start from the tram? *shrug* It's a convenient reference. (So is City Hall.) All I can say is that from experience, there are players that give directions starting from the tram. And when there are two trams in the zone? They often reference them as yellow and green. (Which is annoying because I never know which tram is which, but then they tell me north/south when I ask. I'm not currently looking at the map to remember if there is a green and yellow line marking their routes, but I often don't think of looking at the map to check for those even when I am getting directions.)

However, from the individual's response, it seems as though the intent of that post was to send you to the King's Row Pocket D entrance. So that blew my response clean out of the water anyway.

• Haha 1