Bind Adjustments After Toggle Changes?

dtj714

As a general matter the toggle suspension changes are great, especially for things that you want on pretty much all the time (e.g., sprint, or hover/em if you're a flyer). But, it's had some unintended consequences for my WS and I want to see if anyone here can help me figure out a way around it, if there even is one.

Basically, on my WS I have a system of rotating binds that, when in human form, make the 1 and 3 keys activate Fly/Evasive Maneuvers/toggle both off and Gravity Shield/Shadow Cloak/toggle both off, respectively, and when in Nova/Dwarf, activate the attacks loaded in the respective slots. Without toggle suspension, this was convenient and easy, because the toggles would always be off when coming out of form, so I could just incorporate loading the bind file that would start the chain over.

Now, however, if I shift into form with the toggles on, then they will be on when I shift out, and vice versa if they were off. So, I can't just "restart" the chain, because the "starting point" (off versus on) will vary. To preserve the functionality, it seems I would need a "conditional bind" that would toggle or de-toggle depending on the situation, and I don't believe that's possible.

Rotating regular powexec commands instead of toggleon/off seems like maybe it would be the closest thing, but then the "one press for off" is gone, and it could get messy if things somehow got out of sequence.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated!

To me, the main benefit of toggle suppression, as it relates to my WS, is that I don't have to use binds or macros to activate whatever toggles I always want on in human form. Sprint, Shadow Cloak, Orbiting Death, Inky and Maneuvers are set and forget now, and I treat them the same way I treated toggles for every other non-kheldian archetype - on until I die. I keep them on an extra hotbar for reactivation the old fashioned way, since I don't run cutting edge content and have a need to get re-toggled lickety split when revived.

Is there a particular reason you still need them associated with rolling binds that I'm missing?

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

Well you can start the binds with powexec_toggleoff hover for example and then chain them

so something like

"powexec_toggleoff hover$$powexec_toggleoff Mystic_Flight$$powexectoggleon Black Dwarf$$gototray 8"

I load nova and dwarf into their own trays and when I switch back to human I load back tray 1

Edited by talarys

I found a way to do it using the “macroslot” command. Basically I created rotating macros instead of bind files, and since the macroslot command assigns them to a particular tray slot (0 to 89, not sure why they are numbered that way), the correct macros stays loaded in my “human” tray (1), while my nova/dwarf trays (4 and 5 respectively) have the respective attacks.

Not quite as “pretty” since macroslot and macro_image appear to be mutually exclusive, so the macros are the plain grey buttons, but I’ll take function over form given the overall benefit. 😁

(N.B. - In response to the question about why, fly/em more so than the shields is very situational so I don’t have or want that on all the time, and since I play with a controller it’s more convenient than reaching for the keyboard or mouse clicking buttons.)