Base Stuck In Limbo

VV

Dear Devs,

I am having a serious base issue. SG-Lead Character: Vulcana V (global @V.V), Name of SG: Vulcana Heavy Industries International Incorporated, Shard: Everlasting.

I was working on my base at the time. I had been for a while, a few hours, at least. There were a few other characters in there, but not that many. All of a sudden, while I was in the base editor, there was a flash and nearly everything disappeared! There are a few things still left visible, mostly NPCs and Teleport Beacons. Attached is a wide shot of what it looks like, now. The whole thing looks like this blah blank color. Everything is invisible and intangible, you can just fly around unhindered. Even the interior walls, floors and ceilings have gone invisible/intangible.

First thing I did was CTRL-Z, of course. Tried that a few times, but it did not get better. (As far as I know, the last few actions I did were undid, but no way to tell). After that, I tried all of the standard reset options. Kicked everyone out of the base. Log out, then back in. Restart computer. Try going in with different alts. Left it unused all night long and checked it the next day. Nothing helped.

The thing is, after a bit more investigation, I did discover that everything is actually still there. In the screenshot below you can see the mini-map. There are all the proper rooms in the right places. Also, the object list, which you can see next to the mini-map is at 5892, this is the correct number of objects. Further, I can tab select all of the object there. The selection outline box shows up, too. I have gone through a bunch of them and so far they are the proper objects, in the proper places. In fact, when an object is selected, the the little preview icon in the Object window shows up just fine. I can somewhat manipulate objects through available keystrokes, but I cannot click-and-drag with the mouse. Also, I obviously cannot see what I am doing while manipulating the invisible objects, I can jest tell by the change in shape of the selection box that they have done what I instructed. I can even add new objects, though they go invisible/intangible as soon as they are set.

As a note, the structures are built inside the base plot, above and below.

I have investigated and know that it is not simply a problem on my end. Others have gone into the base and experienced the exact same. I did hear a rumor that this is a glitch that showed up after one of the recent patches, but I have no idea if that is true or not. I really hope you can help me out. This represents an insane amount of time. If it is truly unfixable, I understand, and will start rebuilding.

PS: I did submit a ticket to the GMs. They referred me over to you all, the Devs. 

BlankBase.thumb.jpg.708a228c4afc223bbf77a897671599e7.jpg

Edited by VV

Base update: Yayayayay!!!! GM Number Six came along and fixed the base! It turns out, one item had gotten tossed a little way outside of base limits and borked everything. To be specific, it ended up at location 831, 1.766x10^37, 831. If we did the calculations right, that means the object was 5.689x10^20 light years away!!! For comparison, the entire universe is 9.3x10^10 LY light years across.

Thank you SO much to the awesome GMs and DEVs of this game!!!