Favorite Archetypes/Powersets for Hard Mode!

StriderIV

Hey all!

I was curious: for the new Hardmode, are there any specific archetypes and powersets (any archetype) that you feel is amazing for Hard mode?

Some examples of ones I've heard work great:

Ill/Dark Controller: Taunt sounds like a must have, and PA provides that. Dark on a controller just brings a huge bag of tricks, plus DDR.

Elec/Elec Defender: When it comes to keeping your team alive, it seems like there are few sets that could rival Electric Affinity.

Thermal/Ice Defender: Just seems like a really well rounded combo, brings something for every situation.

Water/Cold Corruptor: Cold can help neuter those tough targets, and Water Blast provides some extra safety to this combo.

What are some powersets and archtypes YOU feel work great in Hard mode?

Ice/Cold Corruptors are great all around for these.  You can always use the defense shielding they bring along with their great debuffing.  Ice procs great damage.  

Illusion is great but more so on the ITF for tricking those Hostless.  

Trick Arrow is a fantastic debuff set as well

The backbone I look to build a run on these are 2 Colds, 1 Kin and 1 TA.  I'll take a Nature to get the team tanky if its offered.  Beyond those first 4 I'd look to get 2 great dps blasters usually Fire and I like an Energy Melee Stalker for that great ST dps.  Then having a good tank to fall back on is always nice, you'll want one with great DDR and capable of decently high resists for those nasty Cim swords.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mezmera said:

Ice/Cold Corruptors are great all around for these.  You can always use the defense shielding they bring along with their great debuffing.  Ice procs great damage.  

Illusion is great but more so on the ITF for tricking those Hostless.  

Trick Arrow is a fantastic debuff set as well

The backbone I look to build a run on these are 2 Colds, 1 Kin and 1 TA.  I'll take a Nature to get the team tanky if its offered.  Beyond those first 4 I'd look to get 2 great dps blasters usually Fire and I like an Energy Melee Stalker for that great ST dps.  Then having a good tank to fall back on is always nice, you'll want one with great DDR and capable of decently high resists for those nasty Cim swords.  

I have a Water/Cold that has been my go to, and I could see Ice/Cold being tremendous as well.

Having a Kin totally skipped my mind, that that obviously makes a lot of sense 😂