Choosing a display (Mac)

MacTaipan

Hi!

I have three displays connected to ma Mac. Is it possible to choose which display the game runs on? The only way I have found is by using windows mode.

The video settings have separate options called "Borderless Display x" for all three displays, but it doesn't make a difference which one I choose. The game always starts on the same display, and the resolution offered is also the one that fits the first display, even though the other two have a different aspect ratio. That makes me think that selecting 2 or 3 doesn't have any effect at all.

Thanks, 

Taipan

• 3 weeks later
On 10/6/2022 at 8:09 PM, Zhym said:

I'm not sure, but this may be a limitation with Wine that it will only show full-screen on the primary display. 

That's my guess as well, although I don't think there is such a thing as a "primary" display on a Mac (unless one defines the one that contains Desktop No. 1 as such).

• 2 weeks later

I have the same issue. In macOS you can go into System Preferences-> Displays. You can click and drag the little representation of the "Menu Bar" to each display in this window. Whichever display has the Menu Bar is the one determined to be the "Primary" display. Changing the Menu Bar for mine immediately moved the game to that monitor.

• Thumbs Up 1