Numpad control tweaking help

Cutter

I've built and loaded the text files for my MM per the instructions here: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Mastermind_Numpad_Pet_Controls

(Thugs not Mercs but I figured that part out).

What I want to do now is modify the Summon commands so I can actually summon my guys with just a keystroke, rather than key+click. I saw somewhere that there's a way to force a default spawn location (like 5' in front of my guy) but I can't remember where I saw it.

So it would be something like divide powexec_name call thugs (command to force spawn location)

Can anyone help with that? And also confirm that changing the summon command will actually do what I want it to do?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

You want to use the new command powexec_location.  The format is:

powexec_location location power

One of the options is direction:distance ... from the patch notes:

direction can either be one of six cardinal directions relative to the player: forward, back, left, right, up, down, -or- it can be a number. If it's a number, it is taken as an angle in degrees. 0 is straight in front of you, 90 is right, etc. It can also be camera, to indicate the direction the camera is facing, including elevation.

distance is either a number in world units (feet), or the keyword max, which means to use the maximum range of the power.

So, for example ...

numpad1 powexec_location forward:6 Call Thugs

That would summon your basic Thugs at a spot 6 feet in front of you.

You could then add:

numpad2 powexec_location forward:8 Call Enforcer

numpad3 powexec_location forward:10 Call Bruiser

And drop all your minions into play, literally as easy as "1, 2, 3".

Now, excuse me, I'm going to go do all that for MY masterminds, too.  :D

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

In fact, here: this is my basic template for MM keybinds, so far (I'm relearning it all now, as I haven't had to do any of this since a couple years before Sunset happened):

SHIFT+RBUTTON "petcom_all goto"

ALT+Q "petcom_all attack$$petcom_all aggressive"

SHIFT+Q "petcom_all follow$$petcom_all defensive"

numpad1 "powexec_location forward:6 _1_"

numpad2 "powexec_location forward:8 _2_"

numpad3 "powexec_location forward:10 _3_"

numpad4 "target_custom_next mypet"

numpad5 "powexec_name _A_"

numpad6 "powexec_name _B_"

numpad7 "powexec_name _C_"

numpad8 "powexec_name _D_"

numpad9 "powexec_name _E_"

numpad0 "powexec_name _F_"

divide "bindload_file _filename_

The bolded parts of 1, 2, and 3 need to be replaced with the specific pet summon powers you're running.

Numpad 4 snaps your targeting reticule to one of your pets, for the next several keys.

The bolded parts of 5 through 9 are for buffs - customize the ones you will be using, delete the rest.  Note, your pet upgrade powers count for this!

And / is for swapping back and forth between "Command" and "Summon-and-Buff" modes for the number pad, so you can have BOTH at once.  :)  Don't forget that you'll need to put this command in your Commands bindfile, too, to bring back the Summon bindfile.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

No worries.  You prompted me to go out and actually FIND some documentation on that command, which has advanced my MM bind-file writing skills back to nearly what they used to be.  :)