Advanced Cycle Binds for Fortitude, Frostworks, or Similar Buffs

Linea

WARNING: These are advanced binds, if you do not know what you are doing and are not willing to learn, turn back now, ahead lie dragons that are best not disturbed.

Pro: A single key to rotate buffs like Fortitude through the team.

Con:  Very complicated and Difficult to setup, use, and maintain.  Also this version is limited to 5 buffs, but you could expand it to more.

Oh !@#$:  just use the following command and forget you were ever here: /unbind divide

Warnings:

• Binds are 'mostly' read right-to-left. However, some parts of the binds(and macros) are read left-to-right. Proceed with extreme caution.
  • This will utilize what I call "Press/Release Binds".  I've also seen these called "Toggle Binds" and "Cycle Binds".
  • This will also utilize binds to macros.  Doing this means it's easier to edit on the fly in-game, without ever having to come out of the game.
  • This will also utilize macro to binds.
  • You're binding macros that bind binds. Proceed with extreme caution.
  • Binds, Macros, and Binds to Macros, and Macros to Binds, and Binds to Binds of Binds, are all possible, and doing these things CAN rewrite the very binds you're executing WHILE you are executing them. Proceed with extreme caution.

I do stuff like this all the time, usually just with bind files because I don't mind editing the files on the fly.  However, I can see where something a bit more flexible and universal could be useful, and I was recently asked about it.

So, what does this do?

• This binds numpad-divide to [target, cast Fortitude (or any similar buff like Frostworks), and cycle through up to 5 targets (players)], while the binds themselves keep track of who is next in the cycle.  This makes it easier to keep on shooting things with less interruption. 
  • You could even re-write the binds or macros to re-target after casting the buff, but I prefer to leave the re-targeting separate as I also use pretty complicated targeting binds, and also wanted this to be more universal.

Requirements

• Tray 7 Empty, and nothing bound to Numpad-Divide.
  • Optional any other tray empty as well.  If you don't want to use two trays, you can simply edit the T# macros in-game on the fly.

Setup (assuming the HC Launcher and installed to something like C:/Games/CoH_HC)

• unzip the kb directory into your .../Games/CoH_HC/settings/live/ directory.
  • The path to the binds for the game to find should be something like: .../Games/CoH_HC/settings/live/kb/fort1a.txt
  • You will need to do this for each shard you play on.
  • Setup the macros on Tray 7 and optionally one other tray. 
    • The second tray can be ANY tray.  In the example below I used Tray 6, but it can be ANY tray.
    • If you do not want to use 2 trays, you can edit the T# macros in-game on the fly.
  • Edit the Buffing Power Cast in the T# macros as Needed. Ex: Frostworks instead of Fortitude
  • Press the  RST1 macro to finish installing the binds.

Fort 1 - screenshot_221017-13-37-28.jpg

Usage

• Press and Hold Numpad-Divide for a half a second to target the player, then release to cast Fortitude.
  • Press, Hold, and Release the Numpad-Divide key.  DO NOT TAP the keys.  Tapping too quickly and/or lag can cause things to get out of sync.
  • Press the Reset Key for the appropriate player if things get out of sync.  Use RST1 to reset and start over from the first target, usually player 1.
  • Rearrange the T# macros and the RESET macro to adjust to your team and desired cycle.

Default T1 to T5 Cycle.  This is how it should look when you first set it up.

• It cycles left to right, or more precisely bottom left, up right, down left, up right, down left.  
  • You can rearrange the targets as desired.
  • The RST# macros should remain where they are unless you want to buff less than 5 people, THEN you use the RESET macro to replace one of the RST# macros to make it recycle back to start sooner for less targets buffed in the buff cycle.

Fort 2 - screenshot_221017-13-24-17.jpg

Cycle T2 to T3 and back, for the current team of 3. 

• I'm T1 so we don't want that in the cycle.  We put T2 and T3 in the first two slots.
  • We are a team of 3, so we want to cycle T2 and T3 that are in slots 1 and 2, then reset back to slot 1, so we set RESET into 8 (where RST3 was, and before, also left and down, of Slot 3).

Fort 3 - screenshot_221017-13-45-56.jpg

Cycle T2 to T6 and back, for the an imaginary team of 6 to 8 with me as leader.

• You can rearrange the targets as needed for any team. 
  • If I was teamselect 3 instead of leader, you could rearrange them as: T1, T2, T4, T5, T6
  • If I was teamselect 2, and we also wanted to skip teamselect 4 and teamselect 7, then we could rearrange them as: T1, T3, T5, T6, T8

Fort 4 - screenshot_221017-13-47-13.jpg

EDIT:  That should say T2 to T6

If all else fails:  "/unbind DIVIDE" and pretend you were never here.

/bind Jilaiya Medici

kb.zip

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

34 minutes ago, Linea said:

Binds, Macros, and Binds to Macros, and Macros to Binds, and Binds to Binds of Binds, are all possible, and doing these things CAN rewrite the very binds you're executing WHILE you are executing them. Proceed with extreme caution.

That sounds more dangerous than messing with the space time continuum!

That sounds more dangerous than messing with the space time continuum!

It's like editing a dos batch file while executing it.  The parser literally picks up at the last character it read and starts reading the new overwritten code. Kind of like a text based buffer overflow.

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Here's a petselect pure bind example for MMs.  I didn't program a reset key for this, and you'll have to adapt to your own number of pets.  I was using a Bots FF with 2 extra pets (Lore).  You'll probably need to program a reset key, I usually use 1, and edit it to your buff powers.

Petselect_kb.zip