Mastermind QoL Suggestion

weewoozesty

This suggestion is for a massive QoL change for masterminds.  

Allow the pets to autoscale so that every time the team's level changes the masterminds pets don't just instantly die.  It's extremely annoying and just brings every single mastermind on a team to a screeching halt in terms of progress.  The mastermind already gets the short end of the stick in high end content because their tier 1 pets are 2 levels below and can't land hits on +6 enemies to save their lives.  But that's beside the point.

The least a mastermind can get is to have their pets level scale automatically to the team instead of instantly dying and screwing over a mastermind.

Imagine if every single time a team's level changed the tank/brute/stalker/scrapper/sentinel's toggles all instantly turned off and went into cooldown.  They'd be screwed over.

This is how Masterminds feel every single time that they need to sit there and resummon their pets and rebuff them for no good reason.

This issue was made even more prevalent during the Trick or Treat events where every time the team level changed due to the leaders leaving or teams being moved around the pets were just instantly killed.

I would like this. I would really like this. My MM levels up and the pets auto-level up too so I don't need to dismiss and re-summon? Great! My friend chooses a lower level Ouroboros mission and my pets don't just fall over dead waiting to be re-summoned? Great!

However, I'm not sure this can be done. I'm led to believe this because of how pets function when you are sidekicked up. They don't fall over dead, they just stay their previous lower level. So it seems to me, and this is strictly my perception, that once the pets are summoned, they are no longer directly linked to the player character for level. So when we exemplar down, all the pets are dismissed to avoid having level 50 pets running around a say level 9 mission. If this can be done? Great! I would really like to have it. I'm just not sure it can be. Would a dev mind replying to let us know if this is even possible? Would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

I would like this. I would really like this. My MM levels up and the pets auto-level up too so I don't need to dismiss and re-summon? Great! My friend chooses a lower level Ouroboros mission and my pets don't just fall over dead waiting to be re-summoned? Great!

However, I'm not sure this can be done. I'm led to believe this because of how pets function when you are sidekicked up. They don't fall over dead, they just stay their previous lower level. So it seems to me, and this is strictly my perception, that once the pets are summoned, they are no longer directly linked to the player character for level. So when we exemplar down, all the pets are dismissed to avoid having level 50 pets running around a say level 9 mission. If this can be done? Great! I would really like to have it. I'm just not sure it can be. Would a dev mind replying to let us know if this is even possible? Would be appreciated.

I've seen it done by other ones which will not be named.  So I know that it "is" possible to do.  I just can't get into more detail than that aside from saying yes it is possible.