RWZ mission bugs

PoptartsNinja

Many of the Rikti ambushes and patrols in the Levantera (and other Rikti) story arcs have the wrong alignment.

I first noticed it when a couple of ambushes were getting into fights with other Rikti (I thought they were just killing stray Vanguard patrols), but confirmed it in the Rescue B'Nadek mission when the Rikti patrols were hostile to normal Rikti spawns, neutral to the allied Vanguard spawns, and hostile to the player.

I think they're spawning in an alternate villain group from the other Rikti on the map.

I've also noticed an additional bug on the Rikti indoor maps on Levantara's missions. In some places, the spawn location for Rikti ambushes creates a physical barrier about the size of a normal player character. When a player character bumps into it, their movement stops dead like they've run into an invisible wall. I think the spawn placeholder for Rikti ambushes in these missions may have a physical hitbox when it shouldn't.

17 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Many of the Rikti ambushes and patrols in the Levantera (and other Rikti) story arcs have the wrong alignment.

I first noticed it when a couple of ambushes were getting into fights with other Rikti (I thought they were just killing stray Vanguard patrols), but confirmed it in the Rescue B'Nadek mission when the Rikti patrols were hostile to normal Rikti spawns, neutral to the allied Vanguard spawns, and hostile to the player.

I think they're spawning in an alternate villain group from the other Rikti on the map.

I've also noticed an additional bug on the Rikti indoor maps on Levantara's missions. In some places, the spawn location for Rikti ambushes creates a physical barrier about the size of a normal player character. When a player character bumps into it, their movement stops dead like they've run into an invisible wall. I think the spawn placeholder for Rikti ambushes in these missions may have a physical hitbox when it shouldn't.

The Rikti in the RWZ arcs do fight each other - if you read the story content, it's all about 2 different factions of Rikti and they are at war with each other and we (players, Vanguard, Longbow, etc) are caught up in it all.  So there will be times when you see the Rikti fighting themselves.

As for the potential "invisible hitbox" at ambush spawn points that create a "wall" - I'm not sure what that might be.  I haven't noticed this in any of Levantera's (or other RWZ contacts') missions. 

As from creating missions in AE with ambushes, I am fairly confident that there are no "hitbox place holders" for ambushes.  In AE, they just spawn from a random preset mob spawn point.  BUT, we know the Devs have more capability than what they give us in AE however, I am fairly confident that just use a flat 2D coordinate point to indicate the ambush spawn point when the trigger is activated.  So, whatever "wall" you are encountering, may be something entirely different.  A lag spike?  A graphics card issue? 

I know the difference between the Traditionalists, the Restructurists, and the Purists. The bugs with the ambushes in the Levantara missions happen before those reveals and do not seem to be intentional.

If the patrols in the Rescue B'Nadek mission are supposed to be traditionalist allies, they're bugged because they should spawn blue to the players too (so we don't defeat allied Rikti) or they should spawn hostile to the Vanguard instead of only being hostile to the Rikti. The Rescue B'Nadek mission has both Rikti and Vanguard patrols and I think they've just "borrowed" a flag or two from the Vanguard patrol spawns.

This bug also appears in Dark Watcher's "Get the General's Intelligence" mission, causing the Rikti Purist "Pursuit Wave" ambushes to pull other hostile spawns to the player; which is fun but could make the mission a lot more challenging than intended.

Edit: Ran Rescue B'Nadek again with some friends

image.png.0593cb887d1c0dd1a261ef78d59dd3ee.png

Edited by PoptartsNinja