Make My Staff/Bio better

joyispunkrolex

I have a Staff/Bio at 50. I have all the Incarnate Slots unlocked but the only thing I have slotted is a base-tier Musculature Alpha. I don't have a Pines build, but roughly speaking, I have something like 60% Global Recharge buffs (4x LotGs + several 5% and 6.25% bonuses), both the +5% Res Uniques and, thanks to the Body Mastery Epic, enough End that I never run out.

What I don't have is tons of survivability. I can handle anything at +1x8, but Longbow and Arachnos will slaughter me at +2. 

I used this toon to solo content to 50, but I'm somewhat capable of Farming the usual AE maps full of nothing but Fire damage mobs, so I think I'm at a point where I'd like to switch over to something better suited for that, if not the death machine that is Spines/Fire.

I'm not seeing much in the way of /Bio end-game builds.

For what it's worth I'm Staff (all powers), Bio (all powers) / Hasten / Combat Jump / Maneuvers / Body Mastery

and Musculature Alpha with plans to get Diamagnetic (Hit Debuff) and Barrier Incarnate.

I understand the normal preference for  Brutes is to take Mu Mastery to get the Immobilize but I'm not sure if that's a Spines/Fire thing or if it would actually have value for me as well.

I'll see if I can replicate the build in Pines but if I'm AE farming or running solo missions, I'd still appreciate feedback on what I do most easily to make my Brute better able to handle tougher groups.

You definitely should be better than that unless you've got absolutely no sets. I was able to stand up to 53 rikti with a psi/bio stalker with IO sets and no inspiration.  I adapted my build from another's staff/bio stalker build.  Have a look at the last build, as that should give you some idea what to do, at least a place to start.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3085.0.html