Sheathed weapon attachment spots

WumpusRat

A suggestion I'd have is for the sheathed weapons is to have an option to hang at the hip rather than on the character's back. The katana is at the hip, which looks nice, but when I went to check my broadsword/shield character her sword was across her back, when it would make much more sense to have it hanging at her hip. Same for the mace, axe, and dual blades. Having a pair of daggers on your back seems really awkward, instead of them at each hip.

Being able to pick hip or back for the various weapons, if it's not much work, would be really nice.

Edited by WumpusRat

17 hours ago, Rudra said:

The consideration here is where the weapons are drawn from in the animations. If the set draws from the back but the weapon is on the hip, it defeats the purpose of the sheathed options we've been given.

True. Though with the "no redraw" option selected, I don't think it animates you pulling the weapon, so where they were positioned wouldn't matter? I honestly don't remember if it does or not, I'd have to check when I get home. If so, then it could just be an extra click "click for sheathed when not in use", "click again for sheathed at <second location> when using no redraw".

I think the No Redraw option still draws the stored weapon when you start the fight, but the weapon does not get drawn again if you use an ability that makes it disappear during the fight. Went to check with my own characters, but my lone melee weapon user doesn't have the no redraw option. (Is a staff fighting character. I get Original, Bright, and Dark options, but no No Redraw option.)

47 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I think the No Redraw option still draws the stored weapon when you start the fight, but the weapon does not get drawn again if you use an ability that makes it disappear during the fight. Went to check with my own characters, but my lone melee weapon user doesn't have the no redraw option. (Is a staff fighting character. I get Original, Bright, and Dark options, but no No Redraw option.)

Yeah, I noticed there was no "no redraw" option for staff when I was making my monk character last night.

I'll test it when I get home from work in an hour or so.

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Just tested it, and nope. The weapon just teleports to your hand. So if the restriction is based on drawing animation, a second sheathed location could be added for use with no redraw. It SHOULD be fairly simple, since they have weapon attachment slots for the hip and back, and I think a lot of one-handed weapons would look better hanging off your hip. 

• Thumbs Up 1