Kinetic Melee Stalker: Shield or Ice Armor secondary?

StriderIV

Hi all! Looking for suggestions on what secondary to pair with KM on a stalker.

I know Shield Charge doesn’t break hide…. And burst on a Kinetic Melee Stalker is a guaranteed AOE crit from hide, correct? I feel like this could be a nice little combo for clearing mobs. 

Shield charge in, AOE crit with Burst, continue to roll face across keyboard until all baddies are arrested. Would love to hear some peoples thoughts on the combo. Shield is sturdy overall and I think I’d only really be lacking a heal.

The other secondary I was looking at was Ice Armor. KM does -Def to foes, and Chilling Embrace also does -Def. Seems like a nice synergy, but I don’t know if that is something that would outweigh the benefits of Shield. I believe Ice Armor also gets a heal though, which is a plus.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

Edited by StriderIV

• StriderIV changed the title to Kinetic Melee Stalker: Shield or Ice Armor secondary?

I really enjoyed Ice armor on stalker. Where I dislike the set on Tankers/Brutes, because Energy Absorption, before capping defense with set bonuses, has to be used pre-emptively for them to increase defense, negating the endurance gain mechanic, where as stalker you're less likely to need to use it pre-emptively and can keep it for endurance gain. Ice has lower DDR for a defense set, but again, as a stalker you aren't expected or need to be the primary meat shield out in front, and if you are in a situation where cascading defense failure may be an issue, Icy Bastion is amazing. Chilling Embrace also some helps offset the problem stalkers have with everything running away all the time (they'll still try, but they move a lot slower.)

Shield is great on all ATs, where Ice might be at its best on stalker.

Edited by Oysterhead
  • Thanks 1

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

4 hours ago, Oysterhead said:

I really enjoyed Ice armor on stalker. Where I dislike the set on Tankers/Brutes, because Energy Absorption, before capping defense with set bonuses, has to be used pre-emptively for them to increase defense, negating the endurance gain mechanic, where as stalker you're less likely to need to use it pre-emptively and can keep it for endurance gain. Ice has lower DDR for a defense set, but again, as a stalker you aren't expected or need to be the primary meat shield out in front, and if you are in a situation where cascading defense failure may be an issue, Icy Bastion is amazing. Chilling Embrace also some helps offset the problem stalkers have with everything running away all the time (they'll still try, but they move a lot slower.)

Shield is great on all ATs, where Ice might be at its best on stalker.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Thematically, seems like a great pair (outside of the synergy).  Should be a fun ride!