Bio/Psy Build Help

meyerwolf406

Don't get me wrong this isn't by any means a bad build but i was just wondering if someone could see a way to get a little more DEF (cause i cant).  Maybe loose a little damage res or something to increase def. I don't solo much if ever always teaming with others.

Master Q - Tanker (Bio Armor).mxd

Edited by meyerwolf406

You're better off than your numbers show in Mids at the moment. You have a non-superior blistering cold slotted into Mental Strike, causing you to miss the 5-set bonus of 5 let/smash def, which puts you up a lot.

Minor other recommendation, I'd change the HO from Concentration to Gaussian's chance for build up. 

I'd also drop a slot or change one of the Gauntleted Fist sets from Psi Blade Sweep. You don't need that 6 smash/lethal resist, remember you'll usually have 2 stacks of +res from Might of the Tanker, which is 5-10% to everything, since you're already overcap on Smash/Lethal, that one is wasted. A proc would do nicely, or... if you really wanted to push your def a bit more:

Drop that slot Psi Blade Sweep, add it and more to taunt, sacrifice a couple more somewhere and you can 4 slot Mocking Beratement for 2.5% more S/L def.  You could probably remove one of the unique from health, or two even, and one from Stamina. Bio is overflowing on endurance in most cases, so you won't miss those.

Honestly you don't really need to be softcapped on Bio. The regen, resists and absorb shields will see you through nearly always. But if your goal is to hit it, that'll put you at 45% exactly.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

1 hour ago, Oysterhead said:

You're better off than your numbers show in Mids at the moment. You have a non-superior blistering cold slotted into Mental Strike, causing you to miss the 5-set bonus of 5 let/smash def, which puts you up a lot.

Minor other recommendation, I'd change the HO from Concentration to Gaussian's chance for build up. 

I'd also drop a slot or change one of the Gauntleted Fist sets from Psi Blade Sweep. You don't need that 6 smash/lethal resist, remember you'll usually have 2 stacks of +res from Might of the Tanker, which is 5-10% to everything, since you're already overcap on Smash/Lethal, that one is wasted. A proc would do nicely, or... if you really wanted to push your def a bit more:

Drop that slot Psi Blade Sweep, add it and more to taunt, sacrifice a couple more somewhere and you can 4 slot Mocking Beratement for 2.5% more S/L def.  You could probably remove one of the unique from health, or two even, and one from Stamina. Bio is overflowing on endurance in most cases, so you won't miss those.

Honestly you don't really need to be softcapped on Bio. The regen, resists and absorb shields will see you through nearly always. But if your goal is to hit it, that'll put you at 45% exactly.

thanks for the info and advice. Ill play around with what you said.  Its just a old build and nothing really wrong with it other then the points you brought up witch make 100% sense.  I also agree that Bio doesn't technically need softcaps but hay why not. when I build tanks I focus on survivability.  Dont build for damage or much else I leave that to the team.