Looking for a recommendation for a necromancy MM

Azrik

I'd like to try playing a necromancy MM, but I can't decide on what secondary to take. I was going to take darkness, but I didn't realize that MM lose the rez and defense buff powers. Kinda kills it for me. I keep trying different stuff in mids, but I just can't seem to settle on anything. Any recommendations?

You keep the rez (or rather debuff-Stun-thing-which-also-happens-to-rez. Howling is awesome). You lose Fade & the recovery / regen drain-bodies-to-buff thing. 

Or rather you don't get them rather than lose them, because Darkness Affinity (the Controller version with Fade) came after Dark Miasma. You get the OG version, not the newer Controller version.

Still a very good combo, I played it on Live. Fearsome Stare is great and the -ToHit will stack with your Knights and Lich darkity dark dark attacks. And Dark Fluffy combines well with melee pets. The Hold is meh but as it's a hold it's fairly proccable (not as much as a Hold which also takes damage mind). 

When it came to re-zombieing on Homecoming I mixed it up and went Nature. Nature isn't great on debuffs but has nice buffs which your zombies will like (more Resists, Absorb Shields and +ToHit & +Dam in Overgrowth). 

Cold or Thermal are other good options. Thermal is a nice mix of resist shields (appreciated on teams), heals and debuffs. Plus you can pretend you're running around with 6 little Ghostriders. 

Some Thematic Pairings... 

Necro/Dark - A good all around combo, especially with the recent pet upgrades Necro got.

Necro/Nature - Zombies pair well with nature's buffs/debuffs, fun build. 

Necro/Thermal - Flaming Zombies, highly resistant to just about all damage types (if paired with the Unique + resist IO's) .

Necro/Electric - Another good all around build, Zombies work well electric buffs, similar to nature.

Necro/Time - Because all the MM primaries work very with /Time

You honestly won't feel lacking or underpowered with a Necro/Dark though. Also, these suggestions are strictly my opinion YMMV. 

• Like 1